Started by Balor/SS1535, September 08, 2020, 08:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Hatefukk on September 12, 2020, 01:26:11 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 09, 2020, 11:34:11 PM
Quote from: yosef666 on September 09, 2020, 10:07:16 PM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 09, 2020, 09:24:40 PM
Quote from: cr on September 09, 2020, 08:16:22 PM

Interesting.  I have come across that documentary a few times and would like to see it, but I unfortunately do not understand Finnish.

The DVD has English subtitles.

Good to know.  I will seek it out.
Just be aware that the DVD is PAL not NTSC so won't play on standard US players.

Well, there goes some hope...

Is the movie worth watching?  The people featured on it would be really interesting to hear from, but I wonder whether it will just be more of the same that can be found in other interviews.  Also, the 20 minute time frame would seemingly not leave much space for depth.

Don't lose hope yet!  I am pretty certain that you can mess with VLC player to make it play PAL dvd's.  If not you can insert a PAL DVD in most computers and it will give you the option of changing the format to PAL. You could always do that, rip the dvd and change it back to NTSC.  Most systems only give you a certain amount of changes for the format before it sticks with one but I've used that trick before to watch a japanese film that I couldn't get in NTSC.

Yeah I've never had an issue watching DVDs from other regions on my computer with VLC player or even Windows Media Player.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

CannibalRitual

I did just remember: there's often a region code attached to DVDs (e.g. US, Europe, Asia...) and DVD players allow you to switch it few times, until they fix it to a certain region. PAL/NTSC on the other side doesn't matter. But you can circumvent that region code by using Linux instead of Windows, because it's a software mechanism. But I assume for a noise DVD that shouldn't be a problem as I suppose it's region code free.

Balor/SS1535

Does anyone happen to know what sort of synth was used by this project?

HateSermon

Funny you should bump this thread since I was just listening to 2010 for the first time (thanks, Active Abuse!). One of those tapes I've seen around in distros or had in my cart and then last minute cancelling - most likely due to tight budget and choosing to go with some other "safe bet" release. Well, just found a copy and finally bought it. Great sounding stuff. Only listened to side A and saving side B when the tape gets here. Have yet to check out the other release.