DVD production - technical question

Started by narcolepsia, May 29, 2020, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narcolepsia

do any of you guys have experience in DVD production ?

I am reissuing The Haters "Live!" DVD, and I have pretty much everything ready to send it for production, but I have an important question I need to clarify before doing that.

I got the .iso file from GX / John Wiese but I am not sure if it is region 1. do you know how can I check that ? also, if it is in fact a region 1 coded file, is there a way to convert it so that the DVD is readable in all DVD players ?

the simpler the explanations, the better - I am a bit of a caveman.

please write to narcolepsia . distro at gmail . com if you can help.

many thanks in advance !

pentd

hope mr caveman here got this worked out!!

Noizehead

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you but I want you to know you are my hero. I talked to gx a few months ago about my attempts to track down the dvd and he informed me of the reissue. I am glad that despite covid the dvd is still running on schedule as gx mentioned that covid has delayed it a bit.

narcolepsia

just trying to get such an essential document to as many people as possible ! should hopefully have news on this soon.

sadneck

I'm sure if you Google, you'll find some free software that will help you find out what region the .iso is and even change it/remove it. Plus I believe you should be able to ask the reproduction company what region code (if at all) you want the discs to be in.

JLIAT

ifoedit

https://www.videohelp.com/software/IfoEdit

I used this to make DVD repeat play, but i notice on the screen shot the region free option so this might do the trick... good luck.