Grausamkeit 23 tape box

Started by Maggot bomber, February 06, 2020, 01:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggot bomber

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on the 23 tape grausamkeit box?

XXX

Damn I was about to chime in with the typical answer of "hit up Discogs" , because there was two up for sale last night. One was listed at about $400.00 USD and the other around $730.00 USD if my memory serves me right. I would be shocked if two people dropped that kind of cash overnight, but we shall see once the metadata updates for the submission page and it displays the *last sold* information. It appears to be totally sold out though from what I can gather? Good luck mate!

Maggot bomber

Yeah,I tried to buy the $700 one but the seller cancelled the order stating that he had only posted it for sale "for a laugh" and had no intention of selling it!
Muppet!

Maggot bomber

deutscheasphalt

$700?!
What was the original price for the box set?

totalblack

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on February 07, 2020, 03:09:10 PM
$700?!
What was the original price for the box set?

It was 165 + shipping, remember it costing just under 200

XXX

Why on earth people do shit like that is beyond me. One of those two sellers is a complete punisher though, based on my interactions with them and I would never want to do business with someone like that; it's probably for the best your order was cancelled.

And yeah, it was 165 EUR, so around 180 USD before shipping.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: XXX on February 07, 2020, 04:03:08 PMWhy on earth people do shit like that is beyond me.
Are you talking about buying or selling here?

XXX

I was talking about people who do stupid shit like list items for sale and then once someone pulls the trigger on rather large financial decision like that, the seller hits them with some sort of childish "Oh I listed it for a joke! It's not actually for sale."

Like in what world is that acceptable in a marketplace? I would immediately give negative feedback and file some sort of report against them. Shit is unacceptable. Sellers remorse is one thing, and I think everyone has been there once in their life, but this is just next level stupidity.

I have no qualms with what someone is or isn't willing to pay for something they would like to own; it really isn't any of my business, especially considering the fact if I didn't have a copy of this box set sitting on my shelf already I would debate selling a kidney just to have a chance to own it.

XXX

Quote from: XXX on February 07, 2020, 05:51:06 PM
"Oh I listed it for a joke! It's not actually for sale."

not defending it, but this is rather common practice dating back to record conventions. rare minty wax with five figure price tag and if some poor bastard is willing to pony up the cash who could say no to that? again not defending as it annoys me as well.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: XXX on February 07, 2020, 05:51:06 PM
I was talking about people who do stupid shit like list items for sale and then once someone pulls the trigger on rather large financial decision like that, the seller hits them with some sort of childish "Oh I listed it for a joke! It's not actually for sale."

Like in what world is that acceptable in a marketplace? I would immediately give negative feedback and file some sort of report against them. Shit is unacceptable. Sellers remorse is one thing, and I think everyone has been there once in their life, but this is just next level stupidity.

I have no qualms with what someone is or isn't willing to pay for something they would like to own; it really isn't any of my business, especially considering the fact if I didn't have a copy of this box set sitting on my shelf already I would debate selling a kidney just to have a chance to own it.
I mean you can do that right, once you buy something on discogs you get the feedback option. Getting baited is always annoying as buyer I agree with that no matter the price. However the stupidity here lies in paying 730$ for a 23xtape box set that was released last year or considering selling a kidney for it. I can't tell if you guys are for real...

XXX

Uhhhh well of course I am not actually going to consider selling a kidney. That would be what is commonly referred to as an exaggeration, or a joke, which went right over your head mate. And if OP said he hit order and it got cancelled, why would you have any reason to doubt the validity of his statement? Color me confused.

And paying $24 (quadruple) for a really great harsh noise tape which retailed for $6 a year earlier that sold out instantly and will never be repressed is absolutely not anything out of the ordinary, so why would it be here? I would even bet a large chunk of the population in black metal and noise circles have paid quadruple for a single tape, or at the very least, paid triple.

So when you look at the fact that this is an artists entire discography (one which most thought would NEVER happen seeing as 25 years have passed) and it's strictly limited, with a 40 page zine, a flag, a handmade box with a screenprint and a patch, all which will never be repressed again, paying triple or quadruple is nothing of a shock... Or at least it shouldn't be to someone like yourself who has been around the block for years. I swear it's more surprising that people still think this is some sort of anomaly to the point that you can't tell if whether what OP or myself are saying is real or not...

Just my opinion! You aren't wrong for having yours either of course! I hope this dude gets his boxset and does not need to shell out a large amount of dough, but it looks like that's the way it will most likely end up going.

deutscheasphalt

So am I supposed to take you serious now or no, I'm confused...(not really)
Nice joke man.
I get what you're saying but when the original prices reaches a certain point I wouldn't for myself apply that quadruple rule you just mentioned. Paying 4x the price for a release originally sold for 6$ is way different to me than doing the same for a base price of 180$. Paying 32$ for a single tape months after the release because you fucked up and missed it and really wanted it - acceptable in certain cases. But multiply that by 23? I don't know man... You can value the release in very high regards, I don't have anything against that since I do like Grausamkeit too, but if it's so special to someone to be actually willing to pay 730$ for it I'm flabbergasted as to how they missed it in the first place.
Also saying that it'll never be repressed is a mere assumption.
This whole argument is really boring probably - one thinks it's too expensive, the other one doesn't - but I just like to argue. I hope that OP gets their box set and if they got the money to buy that instead of a bike or some nice hi-fi speakers then good for them.
You can probably find someone to dub you the tapes and scan you the zine for a fraction of the price of you don't care about the flag and the patch and all that shit.

XXX

I suppose there is a bit of reason in that argument, yeah. I can see what you are saying somewhat. Just to be clear, I am not really valuing this release at this price, just kinda drawing comparisons. It's only value to me, personally, is the retail price I paid, and the personal value I get from listening to it. If I didn't own it, well that might be a different story lol.

At the end of the day I always remember that people are spending upwards of 6 thousand dollars on the first mix of the Judge LP which is objectively the worst sounding record I have ever heard, so barely anything is surprising to me at this point. And also, I was told by the label that most of the material in the box will not repressed ever on its own individually, and the box itself will not see a second edition, ever, so it is not an assumption. The artist and the label want it that way, so unfortunately for OP, it's a fact.

Anyways, yes! I really hope someone rips all of them for the public to hear, because some of them sound fantastic in comparison to the rips floating around online!

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: XXX on February 07, 2020, 09:50:39 PMI was told by the label that most of the material in the box will not repressed ever on its own individually, and the box itself will not see a second edition, ever, so it is not an assumption.
People lie. But I grant you that it's a pretty valid assumption since it's unlikely that the box will be repressed exactly as is. It looks like I will not be able to score a copy either, so I will wait in the hopes that all his material will be re-issued again in the future.
Btw I would pay for dubs for sure so anybody who is able to dub their tapes in decent quality hit me up!