Black State

Started by Balor/SS1535, January 19, 2020, 08:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balor/SS1535

I have been listening to the power electronics band Black State for some time now, and recently received a copy of their Hlose lp.  From what I could find online, it seems that they are from the UK, but apart from that I have not been able to learn anything more about them.  I assume that they would like to remain anonymous, but I have no knowledge that would confirm or deny this suspicion.  Does anyone have any information about the band?  Do they have any other side projects?  Are there any interviews with them in zines/online?

IVX

I really like this project a lot and also could never find a shred of info anywhere.

brutalist_tapes

i met the guy, he is indeed from the UK. i think he is tied to the whole all dead tapes/stoic strength/northern english scene... but i think man wants to stay anonymous, due to controversial nature of his work... and i guess living in ultra-pc hellscape UK? anyways, great project! first couple of tapes was so-so, but hlose is really really good. looking forward for more!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: brutalist_tapes on January 20, 2020, 03:06:16 PM
i met the guy, he is indeed from the UK. i think he is tied to the whole all dead tapes/stoic strength/northern english scene... but i think man wants to stay anonymous, due to controversial nature of his work... and i guess living in ultra-pc hellscape UK? anyways, great project! first couple of tapes was so-so, but hlose is really really good. looking forward for more!

Thanks, at least I know some facts now!  Hopefully he will put out some new material soon.

I never really listened to the early Black State tapes (only "We Hate Them"), but have thought a lot about getting the compilation cds.  I liked the "Offensive Weapon" 7 inch too.

burdizzo

Bought the "Valkyrie/ See You All In Hell" compilation, as well as one of the tapes. Enjoyed them both, esp. the recurring sample on the CD "...no notion of the Jewish danger. Our worst Jews work only behind the scenes. We think with joy of the day when we shall be able to say 'England For The English, Out With The Jews. Heil Hitler'"! Hah! Said, no doubt, by the British fascist lady, Rotha Lintorn-Orman who adorns the cover. This is swallowed by rough churning and base noise. Blunt and effective!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: burdizzo on January 21, 2020, 02:37:35 AM
Bought the "Valkyrie/ See You All In Hell" compilation, as well as one of the tapes. Enjoyed them both, esp. the recurring sample on the CD "...no notion of the Jewish danger. Our worst Jews work only behind the scenes. We think with joy of the day when we shall be able to say 'England For The English, Out With The Jews. Heil Hitler'"! Hah! Said, no doubt, by the British fascist lady, Rotha Lintorn-Orman who adorns the cover. This is swallowed by rough churning and base noise. Blunt and effective!

I really need to listen to more of their early work.  From what it sound like, they became far more subtle/mysterious with the samples they used on Hlose.  I wonder whether they will return to the blunt samples on future releases.

swastikalotus

Does anyone have an idea where the photographs in the Hlose CD/LP originate from? I can decipher that there's photographed two women of, uhm, lower ethnic descent, but that doesn't give away much. They appear to be screenshots from a smartphone.

Balor/SS1535

My assumption has always been that the artist just took the photos himself of some unsuspecting ladies!

FreakAnimalFinland

Hlose was vastly better than the tapes / tape re-issues. Of course if you like the album, earlier stuff will most likely be satisfying, but for those who have not heard project yet, I think the album is where to start!
Very much "for the fans of Filth & Violence" and if you do not like that approach, then one can stay away.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HateSermon

Agreed with Mikko... Hlose is waaay better than the earlier tapes, which is what I had initially heard from the project. So those earlier comp cds don't get much play from me. Have yet to hear the 7".

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on June 15, 2022, 05:19:00 AM
What's the deal with the Sex and Heroin DVD-R that Wrath put out? Anyone see it?

What do you mean?  I have the file and have skimmed through it, but everything seemed thematically appropriate.

yddish_hebrew

Quote from: swastikalotus on May 08, 2022, 08:20:09 PM
Does anyone have an idea where the photographs in the Hlose CD/LP originate from? I can decipher that there's photographed two women of, uhm, lower ethnic descent, but that doesn't give away much. They appear to be screenshots from a smartphone.

any town UK

Cranial Blast

I do too,
Quote from: IVX on January 20, 2020, 12:43:38 AMI really like this project a lot and also could never find a shred of info anywhere.
[/quot
Quote from: IVX on January 20, 2020, 12:43:38 AMI really like this project a lot and also could never find a shred of info anywhere.

So do I, Hlose is near flawless. I don't know whether the project is still active or not, but certainly hope new material will come out in the future if the project is indeed still active that is.