Zine help.

Started by Lazrs3, September 01, 2019, 09:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazrs3

Hi all, do you have any tips on Zine making? I want to make an A5 zine as an extension of my blog, articles and reviews in. Those of you that do zines, what software would you use for a basic layout and images? I amthinking of starting small, a small run. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

absurdexposition

InDesign is half annoying but it gets the job done.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Lazrs3

Quote from: absurdexposition on September 01, 2019, 10:04:50 PM
InDesign is half annoying but it gets the job done.
Looking into it, thanks.

magnus

I do my zine by hand, writing in Word, cutting and glueing, it is fun but exhausting... Sometime wish i was more interested in working on computers, but when i have tried everything seems to jump around and never end up as i had thought.
Looking forward to your zine!

Soloman Tump

I free hand draw, print out text then cut and paste it all together to plain A4 paper.  Scan it all in and copy.  Done.

Tried using software once but didn't get on with it, am so used to freehand zine making now that it feels natural.  I know its not for everybody but it certainly gives you the human edge with the rough and ready look.  Suits me

Lazrs3

Thanks so much, hand made seems a better idea to me, may play with letraset too. But still looking at software,

KillToForget

I've used Microsoft Publisher several times and it's always great. It's worth getting to know if you have Office

Lazrs3

I do have Office, but I have never used Publisher before, good to know.

Soloman Tump

Possibly a good place to put this, I am always up for zine trades. A great way to get ideas for layout and design even if the content is not entirely up your street.

((  Mini-plug but I only have a few copies left of issues #5 and #6 now if anyone is interested. Working on issue #7 but it won't be ready for a while.  ))