Cervical Smear

Started by denethorgul, August 29, 2019, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denethorgul

Real Death Enthusiast has been one of my favorite recent purchases. Perfect for my too-long rides on public transit!

Sonically it's definitely on the beefier side of the spectrum in terms of F&V's oeuvre, by that I mean it tends toward the lower frequencies like BU's live releases as opposed to, say, XE or Prussian Walls. Conceptually I find it interestingly clinical without too much reliance on true crime, that being said I believe I saw one of the gatefold images on Documentingreality awhile back, not that I mind, of course.

Wondering what you sickos think of it

"WE EXPOSE ONLY SICKNESS BECAUSE WE ARE THE SICKNESS – WE ARE THE CORPSE, THE GERMS OF SCIENCE"

M. Nothing, 'Progetto Morte' 2001

Lysergikon137

Probably one of the better no-frills-just-death releases I've heard in a minute. Perfectly balanced/blended heavy electronics with junk noise and exquisitely curated samples in Blunt Force Abortion and Stoned to Death. Like you said, really hits the balance between clinical and true crime aesthetics without veering into cliched territory. The atmosphere of Stoned to Death had the sort of stewing xenophobic voyeurism that I enjoy in the Italian mondo documentaries, which is not an energy I expected to find in this release but it fit perfectly.
look behind the golden sun... face to face with the black sun...
https://njanssen.bandcamp.com/