ROTTEN PIECE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 11, 2019, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 21, 2018, 01:42:55 PM
Lazy Squid Rekkids
While ago talking with friend about Rotten Piece and Lazy Squid Rekkids. Would be curious to check if Rotten Piece was as good as there is recollections of it. So much of stuff was CDR's, so most I have never heard. Anyway, their label Lazy Squid Rekkids put out also some nice noise tapes. (...)

Digged up ROTTEN PIECE "Headache music" tape. Chaotic Noise Productions, #18. Takes me back to Texas 1995. And that's what it is. If someone says Texas mid 90's, you will have rough idea what it will be. Nevertheless, this 60 minutes tape can't be mistaken to a lot of other artists at the time. Similarities are there, but differences also. On this tape it feels as if they were recording on tape deck, with left & right input. No actual mixing, but two separate channels with rotten noises. I feel like wanting to dig up to my collection what else is there, but I also must repeat my distaste that so much of projects output is on CDR format...

Rotten Piece experiences?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

I don't remember much about R.P. other than they were nice folks. Live, they always seem to have a different set-up each time I saw them and it doesn't look like either ex-member have done much in the last couple-few years.

I doubt I have any of their tapes or the full-length cd around anymore.

duckworship

I'm aware of the name, and I don't really know much about them other than they did stuff with Richard Ramirez (didn't he help out with Tracking Device?).
That being said, I found a rip of a tape they did on Frank Goshit's label Worthless Human Flesh on some FB group a while ago, and from what I've remember, it's straight up lofi gutternoise from that time period. I looked them up on Youtube - seemed like they moved away from noise and more into EBM / electronic endeavors. Not too sure what they're doing these days.

Bloated Slutbag

I've got a tape on Self Abuse entitled "Sewage". Good title for the gutter-fed sense of dirge-ensnuffled rot, decay. Atmospheric death industrial unceremoniously plonked down the drain. Good range of experimentation, partially enlivened by ye olde echo chamber, never losing focus of the essential sludge encrusted percolation. Deferral at one point to leisurely metal-bashing clunk and clonk. Never to get too enthusiastic. Methodical, plodding, occasionally to threaten a more feedback-driven harsh, but basically to wallow in-decorously in the murk. Recorded in late '94 and early '95 (except for a few tacks we tossed in for the hell of it) and that attitude is well reflected throughout. Some good track titles here- "Mother's In A Dumpster",  "Introduction To Jesus", "Can't Come To The Phone"", etc

Also have a later cd collection entitled "Caged Meat", apparently dating from "90 - 96". Much more free in the experimental urgings, far from the atmosphere, above, but at least to demonstrate the range of the project. Almost hard to believe it is the same project, though there are some hints, particularly toward the end. Maybe.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag