OUT NOW - K2 / HYMENAL OPENING / TAPE DEKAY / "SLICE OF CUNT"

Started by narcolepsia, April 02, 2019, 11:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narcolepsia

Hello everyone,

This batch took a bit more than expected, but I am now very happy to announce three new releases on Narcolepsia (two of them in close cooperation with labels who are doing very important work and could use more attention), as well as a new Black Blood Press zine, after a considerable hiatus. Two long delayed publications from Nicolas Vinciguerra and Thomas Stetson are next in line and will be out still in 2019.

This will be a more CD oriented year for the label, even though there will still be some tapes which I will try to combine in a bigger batch to make things easier and more organized on this side.  It is quite a neglected and almost undesired format these days, but for certain specific releases it is yet to be matched. With recent news of tape shortage and duplication prices increasing, I hope CD will recover a bit from that negative aura and regain the respect it deserves; as a label owner whose activity underlines this position, I also hope this will reflect in interest and sales.

Remember: either we show support for small operations that depend on that to survive, or we will continue mourning their disappearance.

After a demanding personal period, I am also able to focus back on Troubled Sleep #4. Layout phase should hopefully be done during this upcoming month, so there will be news about this quite soon. As some of you may already know, I will try and do smaller sized issues from now on, in order to have it out on a more regular pace. Let´s see how it works out.

If you are still interested in placing an advert, please do get in touch so we can arrange something with the available space.

Besides the new releases, I also have a few copies of "Semiotics of Biblical Abomination", a zine compiling my own artworks from a few years back. It is the first publication of this kind on New Approach Records and I am very proud of the final result.  I have just a few for sale, so I encourage everyone to get in touch with the label for trades and/or wholesale. While you´re at it, check some other available releases, you won´t regret it.

As always, wholesale orders are welcome as well as selected trades. I prefer trading multiple copies and getting material for my mailorder, as personal trading is (unfortunately) very limited these days.

Stay tuned for more news within the next few months, some very exciting releases being prepared !

Manuel

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

narco051 – K2 "TEKHNODRUG" CD (in conspiracy with AT WAR WITH FALSE NOISE)

Reissue of a long-lost tape from 1993 here. K2 has long been at the fore-front of Japanese noise and is known for his harsh, collage style.
This record isn´t an all-out harsh-fest in the way that contemporaries like Hijokaidan are, but is very varied in sound. There´s creeping synth tone, screeching feedback, piercing blasts of white noise, rumbling static. Compositionally there are long periods of coherence, with an almost musical sensibility, but these are often brought to a shattering halt by a blast of ear-splitting noise.

Edition of 500.

10.00 € + postage

https://awwfn.bandcamp.com/album/tekhnodrug

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

narco063 – HYMENAL OPENING C46 + ZINE

Feedback driven loner electronics from the individual behind Bacteria Field. Reeking of sexual frustration and stripped down to the bare bone, this is strident and minimalist psychotic hell.

Pro-duplicated tapes with on-body printing.

Comes with a 24 pages offset printed zine.
(14.8 cm x 21 cm / 100 g paper + 220 g cardboard cover)

Edition of 100.

12.00 € + postage

https://soundcloud.com/narcolepsia-hn/hymenal-opening-i-used-to-dream-of-you-side-a-excerpt

narco086 – TAPE DEKAY "DECADIMENTO DEL NASTRO / DECADENZA DI TUTTO" CD (in conspiracy with OLD CAPTAIN)

"Decadimento Del Nastro - Decadenza Di Tutto" is the first album by Tape Dekay, BJ Nilsen's (Hazard, Morthound) analogue musique concrete / noise project.
First appearance was in 1999 on the Cold Meat Industry sampler 'Estheticks Of Cruelty' with the track 'Försökspersonerna' (as Tape Decay). Second appearance was with the track 'Jonestown Revisited' on the 2009 cassette compilation 'White Nights', released by Private Edition.
The content of the current CD has been created with the Automatic Music Control System developed by ONKYO and the Elettrocardiograf by Officine Galileo. Informed by psychotronic distress, thought insertion, electronic harassment and the Frey effect. These 7 recordings reveal harsh and fragmented soundscapes tainted by disembodied voices, squelch and hyper charged feedback.

Edition of 300.

12.00 € + postage

https://oldcaptain.bandcamp.com/album/tape-dekay-decadimento-del-nastro-decadenza-di-tutto

oath010 – MANUEL PEREIRA "SLICE OF CUNT" ZINE

Shemale blur & vaginal grease.

36 pages offset printed zine.
(21 cm x 29.7 cm /100 g paper + 220 g cardboard cover)

Edition of 200.

8.00 € + postage

NAB001 - MANUEL PEREIRA "SEMIOTICS OF BIBLICAL ABOMINATION" ZINE

"An aborted cosmogony, plotless and without heroes, with no chance of neither order or redemption. Pictures in a static becoming. A cartographer who creates its own atlas, dysfunctional geography, fragmented into tumultuous continents. Time without narrative. Orifice-vortex.
Clotted islands adrift in the white surface, fruit the union between obsessions: a recollecting and a reorganizing one. Interpenetration of contents, formal dissolution and xerox levelling. Cut, scatological horizontality, paste. Form suspension. De-materialization of meaning towards the labyrinth of members, symbols and ornaments. Delirious geological body in an unobtainable little death.
The myth is inverted (order:chaos), forged and unrealized. Monstrous omega. Apocalypse cancelled."

André Coelho

Manuel Pereira is a well known name for all lovers of brute collage art and in this new publication he, once again, provides us with a very well crafted selection of pieces, in his personal collage style, filled with dirty sexual tendencies, social chaos and anatomical studies mixed up in perfect disharmony with the mundane sense of beauty as only a master can achieve.
44 pages of pure rotten joy.

7.00 € + postage

https://newapproachrecords.wordpress.com/

Orders / questions : narcolepsia . distro @ gmail . com

New Forces

Amazing job on the K2 reissue Manuel, that tape is weird and awesome.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

narcolepsia

Quote from: New Forces on April 02, 2019, 11:53:20 PM
Amazing job on the K2 reissue Manuel, that tape is weird and awesome.

thank you for the kind words, a special one indeed !