NO PART OF IT INTERVIEW SERIES #1: BRYAN LEWIS SAUNDERS

Started by NO PART OF IT, March 18, 2019, 03:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NO PART OF IT

Today begins a series of "interviews".  I have sent the same questions to several people of varying stripes.  Each month on the 13th, a new interview will appear here for at least three years of the foreseeable future.  Unless people have been sharing/sneaking the questions amongst eachother, no one will see anyone else's answers until they are published.  From February 13th to March 13th, numerous people were sent these questions, unbeknownst to eachother.  I have stopped collecting answers and scheduling posts on March 13th, 2019.

Bryan Lewis Saunders is an artist (and former performance artist) who is probably best known for his self-portraits that he created while ingesting various different drugs.  He's done a self-portrait per day for several years, under various circumstances.  He was also known for his "Stand Up Tragedy" performances, where he worked out some particularly traumatic experiences, and in some cases, subjected himself to devices of torture, and "made strangers cry".  He has collaborated with Z'ev, Hal McGee, Kommisar Hjuler und Frau, and myself, among others. Particularly notable is his twelve cassette set of dream speech collaborations, The Confessor, featuring his own dream speech, and the involvement of Joke Lanz, Leif Elggren, C.M. Von Hauswolff, Requiem, and many others.  More recently, Saunders has done lectures, been the subject of a documentary, and has been doing a series of works under the influence of deafness and blindness. I've also known him to collect found photos from a dumpster behind a foot doctor's office.   I think it would be adequate to call him an outsider artist, but also a kind and wildly talented person. 

Read the interview here:
https://nopartofit.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-series-1-bryan-lewis-saunders.html
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com