Striations – Vietnamization 2CD / Old Captain OCCD47

Started by Olegh Kolyada, February 20, 2019, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olegh Kolyada

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 19, 2019, 09:01:55 PM
Will there be U.S. distribution? Other than copies the artist receives. Not sure I've noticed it ever mentioned for O.C. releases...?

US labels seem either ignore or want to get max number of copies for the lowest wholesale prices possible which is nonsense.

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: Olegh Kolyada on March 20, 2019, 06:35:34 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 19, 2019, 09:01:55 PM
Will there be U.S. distribution? Other than copies the artist receives. Not sure I've noticed it ever mentioned for O.C. releases...?

US labels seem either ignore or want to get max number of copies for the lowest wholesale prices possible which is nonsense.

Olegh, that's because most of them don't know simple maths but that's not their fault.

bitewerksMTB

So you guys think U.S. distros should take the max amount of copies for the highest wholesale price?

Olegh Kolyada

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 20, 2019, 06:17:22 PM
So you guys think U.S. distros should take the max amount of copies for the highest wholesale price?

Yeah, meant the lowest prices. Anyway, 5 copies are not a number to claim a wholesale price. But no-one asked, so no trouble. This release as well as an upcoming Koufar CD will most likely be distributed by the issuing label(s) and artists.

New Forces

Most distros I work with (on any continent) are only willing to take three copies of everything wholesale, but maybe I can't tell the difference between 3 and 5, because math is hard.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

absurdexposition

It's also harder to sell CDs in North America over a certain price point. I had to pass on the IRM reissue.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Olegh Kolyada

Quote from: New Forces on March 20, 2019, 06:41:42 PM
Most distros I work with (on any continent) are only willing to take three copies of everything wholesale, but maybe I can't tell the difference between 3 and 5, because math is hard.

I'd agree on three copies "of everything", that is if distros were interested in taking the complete label's roster. But the case is they mostly need 1 or 2 releases.

SumofTotal

Quote from: absurdexposition on March 20, 2019, 06:50:27 PM
It's also harder to sell CDs in North America over a certain price point. I had to pass on the IRM reissue.

This was something I was going to point out. Although I don't own a distro, it seems apparent to me that the CD isnt quite apprized in the US as it is overseas (namely Europe)?

Also the initial release occurred less than a year ago on a US label right?

Mikerdeath

I would think Skeleton Dust & New Forces will be getting some copies for distribution.

@bitewerks I will have a copy for you with a nam patch.

Olegh Kolyada

Quote from: SumofTotal on March 20, 2019, 07:58:27 PM
Also the initial release occurred less than a year ago on a US label right?

Wrong.

Anyway, if distros out there do not want to support the label - it is not the end of the world, no problem. You can always support the artist, so I am confident the best way is ordering the copies from Mike directly.

Olegh Kolyada

And do not forget it is a co-release, so you are welcome to arrange trades / wholesales with Eibon Records.
Here is Mauro's contact form: http://www.eibonrecords.com/contact.php

treebeard

Quote from: Olegh Kolyada on March 20, 2019, 06:31:27 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 20, 2019, 06:17:22 PM

Yeah, meant the lowest prices. Anyway, 5 copies are not a number to claim a wholesale price. But no-one asked, so no trouble. This release as well as an upcoming Koufar CD will most likely be distributed by the issuing label(s) and artists.

I buy Koufar and TCU releases from whoever Mack and Sam tell people to.  But I'm a longtime supporter and total fanboy, haha

treebeard

This is very accurate, sadly.  A major reason for it might be that laptop computers (in the US, at least - I don't know about elsewhere) no longer come with CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives.  You can have to buy one that connects via USB separately.  It's less hassle to most people to buy a tape.  My laptop's optical drive died, but thankfully I was able to get a USB one for free from someone.

Btw I'm pretty bad at the maths, which is why I never started a distro for anything.  There are two record stores and one or two noise/pe/death industrial distros (one of which is reactivating) within an hour of me right now, anyways, so there's no need to now.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: treebeard on March 22, 2019, 06:54:47 PM

This is very accurate, sadly.  A major reason for it might be that laptop computers (in the US, at least - I don't know about elsewhere) no longer come with CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives.  You can have to buy one that connects via USB separately.  It's less hassle to most people to buy a tape.  My laptop's optical drive died, but thankfully I was able to get a USB one for free from someone.

what?
no stereo system in north america?
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)