best Sewer Election releases?

Started by shearling, February 18, 2019, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shearling

been a fan for a while, just curious to as everyone's favorite releases from this project

HONOR_IS_KING!

- "Kassettmusik"
- "Vittra Sönder"
- and I know its not solo but the "Killing for..." series is awesome too.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

thetenthousandthings

Kvävd
Internal
Listening to Josefin Hinders / To Drown ---- (SELL ME THIS!)
Raset

Baglady

I'm sure there are many potential rippers among the stuff I don't have, but if I am to pick from my shelf...

w/ TRERIKSRÖSET - Killing For Finland - C50 (Harsh Head Rituals, 2005)
The strongest of the Killing sessions. The cut on the compilation on Troniks/Chondritic is fine, but I usually go for this full version.

Sex / Death - CD (Troniks, 2007)
Very much of its time. Holds up very well. I love the buried eerie film sample (from some euro horror feat. Edwige, I believe?)

split w/ ALTAR OF FLIES - LP (Release The Bats, 2008)
SE's side was released as a very limited tape prior to this. Good thing it ended up on vinyl. Great slow moving moist basement murk. AOF's side is quite brilliant as well.

Vidöppna Sår - LP (Pan, 2010)
Metal junk (loud!!), body sounds, reel tape, some crappy electronics. The junk parts sound incredible due to the excellent acoustics in the place called Lacken where they was recorded. That combined with the other mentioned ingredients makes a very varied and dynamic record. A real standout. Quite expensive now though, I noticed.

Nära - LP (Järtecknet, 2014)
The family album. Very personal and moody, which in hindsight sort of hinted at what he'd do with ENHET FÖR FRI MUSIK and the Malign LP. I prefer this over those later efforts though.

Internal - LP (Järtecknet, 2017)
Great one. Jagged feedback, reel sounds etc. Barren yet rich. Just well crafted tight-lipped noise. Nice to see him still treading new ground after so many years.

theworldisawarfilm

Quote from: Baglady on February 18, 2019, 11:52:47 PM

Vidöppna Sår - LP (Pan, 2010)
Metal junk (loud!!), body sounds, reel tape, some crappy electronics. The junk parts sound incredible due to the excellent acoustics in the place called Lacken where they was recorded. That combined with the other mentioned ingredients makes a very varied and dynamic record. A real standout. Quite expensive now though, I noticed.

Listening for the first time right now. Outstanding!

Strangecross

"Vittra Sönder"
and "Killing for..."

Everyone interested in SE should listen to HEINZ HOPF

Can anyone tell me about Dog Holocaust? is it just what you would expect- basically SE and Kakerlak at the same time?

WCN

Collabs with TRR (Rågsved is a masterpiece that stands outside of the Killing Sessions) and Sex/Death are huge for me.

Bristning - good melding of the heavy harsh static junk but introducing the body and tape music... Wasn't a big fan of Kassettemusik and this general development of SE at first but I've grown to appreciate it more.

Split 12" with Incapacitants - more of this mid range broken rough that I love.

Dismal - A new favorite. Organic and ugly harsh noise.

Malign - Walks the rightrope over a pitfall which could be totally ridiculous, but manages to combine folk music and rough noise in a really disturbing album.

Quote from: Strangecross on February 19, 2019, 05:49:01 AM
Can anyone tell me about Dog Holocaust? is it just what you would expect- basically SE and Kakerlak at the same time?

Yes, which is why it is so amazing. The CD is absolutely essential.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

thetenthousandthings

Quote from: WCN on February 19, 2019, 12:42:34 PM

Same here. Curious, does your copy on the A side have this really abrupt, dare I say, intrusive sub/low frequency that sort of disrupts the flow of the recording? It almost feels like an accident or my copy had a dubbing issue, but besides that it's all great.

Baglady

Quote from: Neanderthal on February 19, 2019, 11:18:31 PM

Same here. Curious, does your copy on the A side have this really abrupt, dare I say, intrusive sub/low frequency that sort of disrupts the flow of the recording? It almost feels like an accident or my copy had a dubbing issue, but besides that it's all great.

Damn. It is a quite bass heavy recording, but intrusive and disruptive sounds alarming. I've sent you the master in WAV-format, check your PM's.
Anyone alse experiencing this? If so, get in touch. teamborotapes@gmail.com

Theodore

Quote from: Baglady on February 19, 2019, 11:39:48 PM
Quote from: Neanderthal on February 19, 2019, 11:18:31 PM

Damn. It is a quite bass heavy recording, but intrusive and disruptive sounds alarming. I've sent you the master in WAV-format, check your PM's.
Anyone alse experiencing this? If so, get in touch. teamborotapes@gmail.com

Yes, heavy bass indeed, but no disruptive, just a bit louder in the mix. If i recall correctly there is a moment or two with bass bursts, only bass for some seconds, if i remember well. But that's the way it is, sounds normal in the flow, to me at least haha. Maybe you mean this as disrupt [?] .

Since the recordings are bass heavy themselves, maybe the quite loud dubbing combined with a little more bias than the optimal for the tape boost the lows more. Just guessing, cause the Lasso Wendy tape is bassy as well. Nothing serious to bother me, to call them bad dubs or anything. I enjoyed them !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

PedestrianOrgans

"Choking In Shit and Decadence" tho y'all

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on February 20, 2019, 03:33:44 AM
"Choking In Shit and Decadence" tho y'all

Agreed, but good luck finding a copy!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ARKHE

Raset, Sex/Death and Rågsved (I guess since my copy is bust). Vengeance 3" cd is also nice.

metalpunk

SEWER ELECTION + LEDA "Maar" LP is my favorite. Simply the best.

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"