Sutcliffe jugend no more!

Started by Mr Stab, February 17, 2019, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Stab

Kevin tomkins announced today the end
Came as quite a surprise...but as he said due to health and personal issues plus he has nothing more to say
Sad but fond memories of S.J

Lazrs3

I never got much by them, but I was lucky enough to see them in London in February 2017 and it was an amazing performance. A sad week for the UK with SJ and IFotS coming to an end.

Strangecross

I was inside during their soundcheck at No fun... had never seen noise in a large venue setting before this.
Blew my fucking mind and really made me think about why I was making noise and made me to aspire to make that quality and volume.

Thor

Hopefully he'll have some time to reconsider repressing some of his older material

Lazrs3

Quote from: Thor on February 18, 2019, 01:26:34 PM
Hopefully he'll have some time to reconsider repressing some of his older material

When they were part of that Unlabel site, they had their own bit, 'Between Silences' and I am sure a lot of earlier stuff was done on cdr along with all the solo stuff. Then they weren't on it and all they'd done on it seemed to disappear.

Leatherface

Quote from: Thor on February 18, 2019, 01:26:34 PM

I don't think it will happen

wonderland_media

burdizzo

Remember seeing both SJ and IFOTS at the SE:UK event Cold Spring put on a few years ago. They were - along with BDN - the best acts there by a mile. SJ, in particular, were phenomenal. They have some good records, but this was something else! So, yes - a real double-whammy for UK power electronics.

impulse manslaughter

One of the loudest and most painful live acts i ever witnessed..

xdementia

This explains their proliferation recently, must have been trying to burn out rather than fade away. I had never heard of them before This is The Truth came out and I saw them at NFF because they were active a few years before my time.

Exploring their older material for the first time and then at the same time hearing them reunite and evolve as artists has been an incredible journey. I really believe they have blown away expectations over the years. And for me it all culminated with the Slaves box set which is one of the most incredible releases I've heard from any artist. There are still a few releases I need to catch up on but I'm so thankful I got to see them live.

R.I.P.

Leatherface

Quote from: xdementia on February 19, 2019, 01:44:10 AM
This explains their proliferation recently, must have been trying to burn out rather than fade away.

No link, they stop because of Kevin health problem discovered recently