Today I'm Dead.

Started by Lazrs3, February 16, 2019, 05:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazrs3

Years ago when I got and reviewed that last Con-Dom album How Welcome is Death to I Who Have Nothing More to Do But Die in my Heathen Harvest glory days, I noticed he mentioned Atrax Morgue and Today I'm Dead in the linear notes. I knew Atrax Morgue fairly well and have bits of stuff. But I hadn't heard any Today I'm Dead so I looked it up and the original material seemed more obtainable at ok prices so I got Anatomy and liked it a lot. They were also on Slaughter Productions too and he had his own take on things, like always wearing a big tie if he should choose to kill himself. Anatomy of Melancholy lives up to it's name and seems to be a lot of quieter material on there with samples and war marches amongst other things, it was very dark, yet doesn't seem to rise much, but still good. Menstrual Gold seems a bit more explosive in comparison and focused on not having kids or future, like a continuation on the themes of Anatomy which I do prefer out of the two. I'd like to eventually somehow get the Demo - Timor Vitae, I close My Eyes and the compilation the Control guy did. I know he now does a project called AIT! since the end of Today I'm Dead.

Does anyone here know more about Today I'm Dead or like them, did they play live back in the day or anything?

Old Website - https://digilander.libero.it/atraxmorgue/timd/

OMG, I just went from Moderate User to User, wow!!!!!!

FallOfNature

Not much to add except this is one of my favourites and Menstrual Gold was one the earliest in the genre I heard around it's time of release. It's still as repulsive as ever today, too.

andy vomit

absolutely one of my favorite projects - all material is essential. most of it is fairly easy to find, but i feel a reissue box set could be really great..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

dodecaphonic

I haven't heard it in ages but
I'm a huge fan of ... today, i'm dead - I like all of his work
theres obvious comparisons to atrax morgue - but the music is still fresh and original
he has his own sound.

xdementia

Quote from: andy vomit on February 18, 2019, 05:16:46 PM
absolutely one of my favorite projects - all material is essential. most of it is fairly easy to find, but i feel a reissue box set could be really great..

agreed!