Special Interest
December 13, 2019, 03:11:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: Witch Hunt Season is Open (Skullflower recent controversy)  (Read 24991 times)
Bloated Slutbag
Diehard user

« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »

Well that was tedious and tiny bit off topic. Thought this threat was about current round of millennials being offended by the apparent rise of neo-nazis in the underground music scene

That is certainly one potential reading of this thread.

In the meantime a few subjects came up, which perhaps might be of interest to some. For example, whether more integrity is to be perceived in commenting, in public, on one's former self, or in publicly refraining from commenting on that self. Among other subjects.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:09:31 PM by Bloated Slutbag » Logged

Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag
deutscheasphalt
user

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »

Depends on what the former self that's being commented on consists of no?

Bloated Slutbag
Diehard user

« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2019, 05:49:49 AM »

I was going to add- it's none of my business but key to that is the question of whether pressure to comment is felt. Y'know, under pressure, real or perceived, stuff happens. Not all of it predictable.

And take you for a drag
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

Thought this threat was about current round of millennials being offended by the apparent rise of neo-nazis in the underground music scene

nobody involved in the original Skullflower situation was a millennial or in any way a newbie to the underground/noise scene, for what it's worth
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:24:12 PM by Cementimental » Logged

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »

nobody involved in the original Skullflower situation was a millennial or in any way a newbie to the underground/noise scene, for what it's worth

This, is what seems to be situation with many of the cases. Plus, add, that like with Skullflower, you can't really see any "nazis" around. Guys who certainly know what's up with industrial music, behave as if they did not.

If this would be about "apparent rise of neo-nazis in the underground music scene", I would suspect that they would write about neo-nazis and not about Whitehouse, SJ, Skullflower or such, hah... If one would actually write articles about neo-nazis, that would not be witch hunt.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Bloated Slutbag
Diehard user

« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2019, 06:57:38 AM »

Thought this threat was about current round of millennials being offended by the apparent rise of neo-nazis in the underground music scene

Just re-quoting Cementimental's quote cause I'd prefer that it were attributed to the person who actually said it. I wouldn't presume to admonish contributors on the trajectory of their discussion...well, unless that trajectory involved lifting quotes from others and attributing them to me of course.

And take you for a drag
Dekay71

« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2019, 10:15:06 AM »

[/quote]

Wasn’t referring to Skullflower in that way as well aware of mr bowers history and age. The millennials are the 20 somethings writing the in depth articles in quietus ec. About the fascism in the scene. If you look over the black sky thinking column there is a series of articles referring to this.
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2019, 02:27:34 PM »

Just re-quoting Cementimental's quote cause I'd prefer that it were attributed to the person who actually said it.

oops yeah i broke the quote tag, fixed it now

Wasn’t referring to Skullflower in that way as well aware of mr bowers history and age. The millennials are the 20 somethings writing the in depth articles in quietus ec. About the fascism in the scene. If you look over the black sky thinking column there is a series of articles referring to this.

As i said, neither people who wrote those articles, nor the organisers of the festival who cancelled skullflower, are 'millennials' or newbies to noise/underground music.

PuddysJacket

« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »

Millennial newcomers... perhaps not. Mewling faggots? Absolutely
CannibalRitual

« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »

The millennials are the 20 somethings writing the in depth articles in quietus ec.

Well, in the meantime millennials are actually more like the 30 somethings. What you are talking about are "zoomers" (lol)

slagfrenzy tapes

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »

Well that was tedious and tiny bit off topic. Thought this threat was about current round of millennials being offended by the apparent rise of neo-nazis in the underground music scene

That is certainly one potential reading of this thread.

In the meantime a few subjects came up, which perhaps might be of interest to some. For example, whether more integrity is to be perceived in commenting, in public, on one's former self, or in publicly refraining from commenting on that self. Among other subjects.

Yes some integrity is good, I'm so guilty of not using it.
Just integrity in general for comments in public... Not for history...
Within history, that's what you felt, looking backwards does not work, no guesswork, live with it, move on. That made you what you are.
Good point by the way.
slagfrenzy tapes

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »

Or on a different tack,
Its better to regret something you have done, than regret somethig you haven't  - Butthole Surfers
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: