Record shops Berlin recommendations

Started by noirceur, February 03, 2019, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noirceur

Hello,

Spending some time in Berlin and wondering about good record shops. Have found Rumpsti Pumsti and Staalplaat. Any others worth checking out? Love to find some good used shops and some place that carries more Tesco organization / steinklang industries type releases - industrial/rhythmic noise etc.

Thank you

totalblack

You will not find anything like this in stores in the city, unfortunately. I would also say in general don't waste your time at Staalplaat, Rumpsti Pumsti is the best shop in town.

For used shops- there are some used stores which randomly have OK things in them - but this is hit or miss based on luck. Schonhauser music has a surprisingly good section of metal records, and some other places around friedrichshain have had OK used records from time to time, but never consistently. Probably better luck hitting the Mauerpark fleamarket on Sundays- have heard of shockingly good scores there for cheap.

THE RITA HN

QuoteRumpsti Pumsti is the best shop in town.

Kim V

I would also recommend Rumpsti Pumsti. The shop is based in a cellar of a building laying next to Treptower Park. Treptower Park Station is the best stop to go to, a 5 minute walk from there. He's closed on monday, tuesday and wednesday. Opens at 15u on Thursday and Friday and at 13u on Saturday. Don't expect too much heavy electronics though if that is what you're looking for. I spent last weekend in Berlin and had some fun going through the crates at different record stores. Found some good things in Warschauer Record Store and Space Hall but it can be hit and miss as others already indicated. PM me for more info if needed.
you're just a victim of yourself

Soloman Tump

The only one I know is Hardwax. Here you will find various shades of techno and industrial amongst other stuff. Check their website if you are looking for specifics, you never know.

noirceur

maciunas_on_crack

try this place called A&V on the Friedelstr. (almost at the corner with Weserstr.) in Neukoelln, there's a small box labelled "industrial/noise" where I found nice shit for 5e during the years (Iugula-Thor, SPK).. not sure it's still there though