Urashima Appreciation

Started by XXX, January 24, 2019, 09:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk3ukr

Quote from: tiny_tove on January 28, 2019, 10:41:00 PM
just got the Controlled Death box and looks impressive, also the reissue of MSBR is very good.
I have many vinyls of the series, too many to mention, and I really appreciate all boxes and compilations (filth), too bad e never released the Italian one!

Not exactly on the subject - received Control Death box today, there is strong smell of glue or fresh paint when you open it. I removed vinyl and left box open for few days. Remember the story with NWW box of VOD?
Urashima is great label, based on quality of their output I buy sometimes releases unknown to me, never regret it

XXX

Quote from: mk3ukr on January 29, 2019, 06:50:44 PM
strong smell of glue or fresh paint when you open it.

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=2751.0

Quote from: tiny_tove on January 28, 2019, 10:41:00 PM
just got the Controlled Death box and looks impressive

indeed, Urashima has outdone themselves with this absolutely stunning release.

tiny_tove

Because Cristiano was working at FNAC in MIlan back then. In fact I got the first vinyls there :)
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

JuhoN

Quote from: Baglady on January 25, 2019, 12:06:26 AM
I'm more than grateful for some of the reissues (some Mauthausen for example), and the label usually does a decent job with these when staying pretty close to original layouts/designs. Haven't really had any problems with the pressings, besides MO's Bloodyminded. Cramming 55+ minutes onto a single LP is never a good idea. It sounds very thin. But then I suppose the original tape ain't no hi-fi experience either, so why complain.
Those box sets though... Kinda look like some cheap-trying-to-look-luxurious gift boxes with lavender scented soap? And I've been over this before, but using comic sans...

...but on the other hand, Ultimate Ambience reissue. Looks good too. If you don't have the original pressing already, don't sleep on it.

I have Maurizio Bianchi lp:s from Urashima. They are about 60 minutes long.  They sound good to my ears. Only few clicks or pops what I hear.

Eigen Bast

Weird question, but did anyone elses Wilt x Skin Crime lp come covered in a fine white dust? Never had that happen before.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Eigen Bast on February 11, 2019, 03:00:31 AM
Weird question, but did anyone elses Wilt x Skin Crime lp come covered in a fine white dust? Never had that happen before.

? nope
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

Controlled Death ‎– Journey Through A Dead Body / Deathwish Tapes 1-3

great box set. taken care of in the details
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Eigen Bast

I only wish the liner notes were translated.

And thanks for clarification on the Wilt x Skin Crime lp, lol. I have had several tapes come doused in various liquids and powders, wanted to make sure I wasn't wiping off someones cremains...!

dodecaphonic

Quote from: Baglady on January 25, 2019, 12:06:26 AM
Those box sets though... Kinda look like some cheap-trying-to-look-luxurious gift boxes with lavender scented soap? And I've been over this before, but using comic sans...

cheese and cracker ting yeah
- huntley and palmers