DIRTY HN

Started by brutalist_tapes, January 22, 2019, 10:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckworship

Some of Richard Ramirez and his various HN projects counts - the recent Battery Suspects tape that came out last year sounds like "Notes From The Underground" but more FUCKED. Lofi grainy textural crunching harsh noise which sounds like it was recorded on a dying cassette recorder.

Another project of his worth mentioning is Hooked Talons which is best described as "junk noise / processed feedback bordering on walls" which is exactly that, and then some.

xdementia

Decrepitude

Cervical Smear,  Citalophram Shunyata, Moisture Discipline, Fecalove, Torturing Nurse, People's Person.

MyrtleLake

Labels not already mentioned:
Obsessive Fundamental Realism
Breathing Problem Productions
Phosgen
Angst
Filth & Violence (obvious!)
Disclosures
Black Psychosis

Recommended:
Interracial Sex... Boy on New Forces, Shower Head on Fuck Marry Kill, Comorbid (w/ Chantepleure) on Disclosures. Those are the three I believe are still available.

Theodore

Obviously everyone has his own definition for "dirty" , "filthy" etc. since almost everything is mentioned here already. Even whole labels with a variety of material. As always happens with this type of questions.

I know i m sounding like an asshole with no input. Ignore me, keep them coming.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

l.b.

a weird one-off but check out "OTTIS IN THE WOODS" on f&v. also SSRI, specifically "Robust" from narcolepsia

andy vomit

SKIN GRAFT is about the only straight harsh noise project that makes me emotionally feel like shit, it's perfect
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

ricjaff

Quote from: andy vomit on January 24, 2019, 12:32:30 AM
SKIN GRAFT is about the only straight harsh noise project that makes me emotionally feel like shit, it's perfect

with such a vast discography, where should one start with this project?

New Forces

Quote from: ricjaff on January 24, 2019, 12:43:38 AM
Quote from: andy vomit on January 24, 2019, 12:32:30 AM

with such a vast discography, where should one start with this project?

The CD on Hanson is a good place to start. I always really like the LP on Alien Passengers.

There are dozens of tapes, but the recent tapes have been really exceptional. He's managed to reach an even higher level lately, so anything from 2017/2018 is a safe bet.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

FallOfNature

Also recommending Legless, can't forget his tape on Trapdoor Tapes.

brutalist_tapes

Quote from: Theodore on January 23, 2019, 06:47:53 PM
Obviously everyone has his own definition for "dirty" , "filthy" etc. since almost everything is mentioned here already. Even whole labels with a variety of material. As always happens with this type of questions.

I know i m sounding like an asshole with no input. Ignore me, keep them coming.
what i mean is you know.. not clean-sounding (production-wise) japanese-style HN, or virtuous scrap metal-handling of example macronympha.. i love those! but i am looking for something which is ALMOST bad, you know?

Tommy Carlsson

I'm pretty sure you'd appreciate the ZONE NORD Marche Noir/Denrees Diverses LP.

EDIT -- also feel that VÅRTGÅRD deserves a name-drop in this thread.

ricjaff

dead body love - lo-fi power carnage

absurdexposition

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

brutalist_tapes

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on January 24, 2019, 03:04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd appreciate the ZONE NORD Marche Noir/Denrees Diverses LP.

EDIT -- also feel that VÅRTGÅRD deserves a name-drop in this thread.
thank you!