28-29.1.2011 Gothenburg, Sweden: Posh Isolation showcase

Started by Matthias, January 12, 2011, 10:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

OCPM

SEXDROME
Lo-fi, hateful, noise punk violence. Stomping rythms blend with feedback and violent guitars. "Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, always very good" LP on Youth Attack which was just repressed.

ALLEYPISSER
Bedroom tape decay, steal plates and reel to reels. Grainy metal work and sound collages repeated.

ASHLEY C
Loud acoustics, dirt and cassettes. Sometimes Ashley C is heavy drones, sometimes metal bashing scum noise, but the sound always bears his trade mark of filthy analogue mess.

AMPHETAMINE LOGIC
Synth, feedback, oscillators, humming melodies all presented with minimal movements.

PUCE MARY
Harsh, industrial soundscapes. One of the strongest Industrial live acts in Denmark at this time. Female fronted Power electronics and the best at that.

DAMIEN DUBROVNIK
Feedback drenched synth, vocals and electronics.

FAMILY UNDERGROUND
Denmark's longest running drone outfit, that still today continues to amaze. Over the last years, and after the trio became a duo, their sound has evolved into a somewhat different beast of what it was. More unease than before and the result being a strong industrial element, that shines through the steady tunnel drones.

TIMELESS REALITY
New Copenhagen quartet, playing Harsh, noise rock, members of Family Underground, Ashley C, Puce Mary.

MEGAN
Second show of Copenhagen's Newcomer, Megan. One man power electronics, desperate vocal abuse and simple junk industrial.

MARCHING CHURCH (Debut show!)
Both the debut tape and the songs Marching Church delivered for the "GrĂ¥ Fraktion" compilation, stands as some of the most important released material for posh isolation in 2010. The sound is humble but fierce and the songs, even though melancholic, have a feeling of pride and honour to them.

ODILON
Acoustic folk act.

www.poshisolation.net

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Matthias

Few words on this... Couldn't catch all of the sets (the shitty part with organizing shows i guess), but this is what really impressed me:
Damien Dubrovnik was definitely a highlight for me. More PE-vibes than i remember from their LP, and much better vocal delivery. Truly amazing. Dynamic and intense!  
Family Underground, very good as usual. Nothing new, just very well-executed huge-sounding melodic dronemusic. Melted walls.
Puce Mary... Only heard the split tape with LR previous to this and i wasn't sure what to expect. Minimalistic trance-like electronics, repetitive with an industrial touch. Some vocals as well i reckon. Interesting and dare i say unique-sounding stuff? Really looking forward for upcoming recordings.
Megan... probably the biggest surprise of the whole weekend! Youngster power electronics with a very "naked" sound. One guy. Just feedback and vocals via two microphones. Really liked the whole approach. Just as with Puce Mary i really can't wait to hear future recordings of this project.
Timeless Reality was very good as well, new band with members from Family Underground, Puce Mary and Ashley C. Long psyched-out jams.
Great weekend, huge variety of sounds and overall good stuff from one of the more interesting labels in Europe for the moment.