Special Interest
October 15, 2019, 03:46:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best sampler?  (Read 3433 times)
brutalist_tapes
user

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 04:14:41 AM »

just my take on it, but would recommend simple cassette-player (walkman) or digital recorder... for long samples modulated over time. sometimes it is too obvious that looping is going on. although i am no opponent of looping, far from it, this is something i have been thinking about in connection w/my own stuf..

Acne
moderate user

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »

just my take on it, but would recommend simple cassette-player (walkman) or digital recorder... for long samples modulated over time. sometimes it is too obvious that looping is going on. although i am no opponent of looping, far from it, this is something i have been thinking about in connection w/my own stuf..

sucked it up and bought a 404 after playing sets that are primarily tape loop layers - the ability to have such a deep arsenal of layers at all times coupled with my loop station and the tape loops has made more a much more interesting/diverse set. Def recommend just sucking it up and getting one for anyone who wants to use a sampler - it is simple and intuitive and can't be beat for what it does, only problem now is to not solely rely on it.

(\__/) ╔═.♥.═════════════════════════╗
(>'.'<)  Ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)╚═════════════════════════.♥.═╝
Atrophist

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »

The best sampler available is certainly the Octatrack. But of course it’s twice the price of the 404. Kaoss Pad can do interesting things too, but it’s not as self-contained as the 404 plus many of the effects are of the cheesy dj variety.

The Microgranny is fun, but unreliable and very limited. As much as I’d like to support independent small producers, it’s just not worth the money imo. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: