Järtecknet - New Releases - Blodvite / Hängd / Niding

Started by Järtecknet, January 07, 2011, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Järtecknet

New Swedish label.
This is the first three releases. The future will bring Trepaneringsritualen, White, Händer Som Vårdar...
More info, http://jartecknet.blogspot.com/

JÄRTECKNET #1 - BLODVITE - Hämnaren - C40
This is the second release from Blodvite after last years limited cassette on Störningar I Psykologisk Utveckling. Even though this recording also is filled with primitive sounding industrial soundcapes, Hämnaren is moving into new directions. This recording is more varied in both structure and sound. A restrained and claustrophobic recording with a nauseous feeling of discomfort and paranoia.

JÄRTECKNET #2 - HÄNGD - Med repet runt halsen - C30
This duo from Gothenburg delivers suffocating and dense industrial filth. A very crude and minimalistic recording with pulsating analogue synths, processed feedback and choking electronics.

JÄRTECKNET #3 - NIDING - Afgudaskymning - C20
Afgudaskymning is the first release from Niding, pouring out bleak and dreary tunes of mischief and despair. Music drenched in a cold and gloomy atmosphere, a depressive journey where all hope is long gone.

Matthias

The Blodvite tape is my favorite, such an improvement from the first one.
Niding should please fans of later Ättestupa recordings. A bit more "low" with an almost postpunkish gothic feeling here and there, but you can certainly hear that the main man in Ättestupa is involved.
Cheap tapes with high quality and nice bodyprint, beautiful overall aesthetics.

glorycamera

magnus

Just listened to the three tapes, all solid stuff! Maybe nothing that really stands out a lot, but all three gives good murky and gloomy noise. I agree with Matthias, Niding does sound like Ättestupa, but to compare it with Street drinkers (who also sound like them, same people?), i like this better, it´s the more "melodic" style of Ättestupa here. Hängd is maybe a bit anonymous, may grow on me with a few more spins, but i did like it. Blodvite, best of the lot, always a sucker for that "airplane motor" sound as heard on side a.
Very good start of label, looking forward to more tapes from you!

Järtecknet

cassettes are or will soon be available from

RTB (Swe)
Malignant (US)
Tochnit Aleph (Germany)
Molehill (Japan)
Freak Animal (Finland)
Autarkeia (Lithuania)

ConcreteMascara

Really, really enjoying the HÄNGD tape so far. Got a bit of an '80s vibe maybe? or is that just what I want to hear in it? Either way nice and grimey.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512