Guilty Connector

Started by accidental, July 17, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accidental

Mr Kohei Nakagawa's main project GxCx. It has been going for about 20 years, 50+ releases. Less than ten solo CDs. Otherwise mostly CDRs and tapes. Plenty of splits and collabs.

What have you heard and what are your thoughts? Favorites?

I only have a couple of early releases and thinking about if and what i should go for next. If someone has a list of the 20 first Utsu Tapes releases i'd be interested in that.

Cdan

Still regularly spin "First Noise Attack", unbelievably crushing. I ordered a handful of the more recent GC tapes direct from Gravity Swarmn. All were great, though mostly more mellow and field recording based. "The Growling Wolves" however was a c10 of all out crushing harsh, a nice surprise in considering the nature of the other recent ones I had gotten at the same time.

THE RITA HN

GxCx is definitely one of the greatest shredders of Japanese harsh noise.  I still don't understand why he doesn't get more attention and isn't headlining massive noise festivals in North America, etc.  Last time he headlined an HN festival here was Portland circa 2005!?

Cdan

Agree, I think Tim and Josh got him/Lethal Firetrap over for one of the fests they did in Portland back when right?

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: Cdan on July 17, 2018, 07:26:36 PM
"First Noise Attack"

My favorite of the releases i have..

accidental

First Noise Attack being the first proper CD of GC it's the one i have thought about buying. I think it's time for me to purchase it. The only other non-split/collab release i have is the Sabbath tape.

Nice to read about someone who also enjoy the latest output. I've never seen him live but would go if he played near me.

Decrepitude

Quote from: accidental on July 17, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
First Noise Attack being the first proper CD of GC it's the one i have thought about buying. I think it's time for me to purchase it. The only other non-split/collab release i have is the Sabbath tape.

Nice to read about someone who also enjoy the latest output. I've never seen him live but would go if he played near me.

First Noise Attack is really good. If you like that Mother's Bloated Corpse is pretty similar to that, also being my favorite from him. The album on Ground Fault is really good too.

I only have a few of his albums but everything I've heard has been at least good if not ground breaking.