recommended art books

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 03, 2009, 11:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

Quote from: SILVUM on July 29, 2012, 07:32:33 PM
Keizo Kitajima's Photo Express Tokyo

Thanx for the share. Will def check this out. Can dig the visuals and æsthetic. 

ConcreteMascara

Has anyone read or seen "The Art of the Nasty"? It's supposed to be THE complete collection of video nasty art/sleeves.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Nasty-Nigel-Wingrove/dp/1903254574
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

cr

Got this one last week:

Antoine D'Agata Antibodies
Hardcover, approx. 560 pages, 20.4x26.6, 8.0 x 10.5 Inches, 2,500 colour illustrations

This monumental collection of d'Agata's controversial work is a cult classic and companion to one of the most talked-about photography exhibitions of the past decade, available now for the first time in English.

Containing striking images of people living on the fringes of society, Antibodies is a challenging and captivating collection from one of the most renowned photographers working today. Antoine d'Agata has traveled the world's darkest corners collecting images of prostitutes, addicts, war-torn communities, and the homeless. A nomad himself, d'Agata tackles subjects often left untouched, unnoticed, or ignored. Frequently compared to his mentors Nan Goldin and Larry Clark, d'Agata's work, for all its grim and occasionally terrifying realism, bears the hallmarks of timeless photographs. This volume features images from a number of d'Agata's series, interspersed with short texts as well as essays and commentary. Antibodies was awarded the 2013 Arles Book Prize, and is certain to become one of the most sought-after photography books of the year.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: cr on March 15, 2014, 02:41:02 PM
Got this one last week:

Antoine D'Agata Antibodies
Hardcover, approx. 560 pages, 20.4x26.6, 8.0 x 10.5 Inches, 2,500 colour illustrations

This monumental collection of d'Agata's controversial work is a cult classic and companion to one of the most talked-about photography exhibitions of the past decade, available now for the first time in English.

Containing striking images of people living on the fringes of society, Antibodies is a challenging and captivating collection from one of the most renowned photographers working today. Antoine d'Agata has traveled the world's darkest corners collecting images of prostitutes, addicts, war-torn communities, and the homeless. A nomad himself, d'Agata tackles subjects often left untouched, unnoticed, or ignored. Frequently compared to his mentors Nan Goldin and Larry Clark, d'Agata's work, for all its grim and occasionally terrifying realism, bears the hallmarks of timeless photographs. This volume features images from a number of d'Agata's series, interspersed with short texts as well as essays and commentary. Antibodies was awarded the 2013 Arles Book Prize, and is certain to become one of the most sought-after photography books of the year.

even about Antoine D'agata
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

HAUNTED AIR - Ossian Brown

a collection of anonymous USA Halloween photographs from 1875 to 1955
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

icepick method

Finally found a copy of Niraworks for under $120 and not shipped from japan. I paid less for one of his actual handcast/painted pieces than this damn book.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.261849557277409.61019.223400181122347&type=3 (not my pics)

Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com

ConcreteMascara

got a copy of Tabula Obscura by M Tinnemans, S Hynninen, and T Ketola in the mail yesterday. Beautiful work. Manuel Tinnemans work especially captures my imagination. It's like some bastard child of HR Giger and Hieronymus Bosch. All of the artists do really detailed work though, so there's a lot to examine and scrutinize.

http://www.tabulaobscura.com/
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ANDROPHILIA

need advices
photobooks about VOODOO?
thanks
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Brad

Human Anatomy: A Visual History from the Renaissance to the Digital Age, by B. Rifkin, M. Ackerman, and J. Folkenberg (2006). Great collection of historical scientific illustrations depicting human dissections, pathologies, etc. The picture from the cover of the Contagious Orgasm album Division and Combination is in this book.

ANDROPHILIA

some suggestion about photo-book related in SKINHEAD world?
thanks
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Hakaristi

Nick Knight's Skinhead is a good one. Also Spirit of '69 by George Marshall, not really a photography book but does have good amount of pics. And haven't seen it myself, but Skinstreet: The Skinhead Way of Life sounds like it could be worth a look too.

holydeath

Quote from: Sadomaniac on July 24, 2014, 04:12:04 AM
Nick Knight's Skinhead is a good one. Also Spirit of '69 by George Marshall, not really a photography book but does have good amount of pics. And haven't seen it myself, but Skinstreet: The Skinhead Way of Life sounds like it could be worth a look too.

There's a book close to this genre called In The Blood, more related to Suedehead stuff. The cover is somewhat delicious:

EDIT: Well, shoot, misread the thead, no art photos in the book I mentioned.