Favourite Prurient release?

Started by Deadpriest, May 21, 2018, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totalblack

Quote from: absurdexposition on May 25, 2018, 01:00:55 AM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on May 25, 2018, 12:17:04 AM
Women Pissing w/ The Rita is my favorite collab.

Ditto. Total ripper.

Of course, incredible collab record.

I don't know if there's really much that I haven't been able to get into from this project, aside from "Bermuda Drain" and the surrounding releases. First ones I owned were "Black Vase" and the "Church Of Ammunition" 7". Obviously "History Of Aids", and "Pleasure Ground" are both great although I really feel like I overplayed Pleasure Ground to the point that I don't know if I will need to play it ever again, really.

"Frozen Niagra Falls" has some tracks on it that are good, but it could benefit from being condensed. The new one I've played only once and it works conceptually, but I haven't felt like going back to it yet. The Zaetraom tape is great as well, although sounds a lot different from most of his other works but in a good way. One thing that I will also say is the material on the "BDSM Atlantic Partnership" LP is top notch, and I hope to hear more stuff like this in the near future.

Zeno Marx

Someone recorded, and is now sharing, the Oslo show from May 18th on the Dime a Dozen tracker.

*sorry, but I'm not converting it to MP3 and uploading it to a host.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

totalabuse

Black Vase, Cocaine Death, Black Post Society, Bermuda Drain

Peterson

I like the simplicity of Point & Void a lot. Surprised nobody's mentioned it.

xdementia

Quote from: PTM Jim on May 25, 2018, 01:24:17 AM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on May 25, 2018, 12:17:04 AM
Women Pissing w/ The Rita is my favorite collab.
Proud to have that one on Fusty. That is my 2nd favorite 7" after Worm In The Apple.

I prefer Sutcliffe Jugend/Prurient - The End of Autumn

collapsedhole

while 'women pissing' epitomizes a perfect noise 7", personal favorite collaborative work would be the 'snail on a razor' collab cd w/ Hototogisu... love the long droning distant sound of that album, the ferocity of the noise takes on a trance-like quality with the blunted nature of the recording. on the flip side of the sound spectrum i return to the collab CD with Richard Ramirez + Flatline Construct more than any of his other cut-up focused stuff. wish the 'sick silent summer slum' collab tape with Sickness was longer - had a great thing going there.

'fossil' immediately comes to mind as my favorite album though that is kinda like a collaboration as well with all the vocal + sound contribution from j.vibg/viodre & jeff plummer/immaculate:grotesque. other favorite releases would be 'oxidation', 'sexual magic', 'time began in a garden', and the track on the new engand 5-lp box on RRR has gotta be one of my top favorite stand-alone tracks. once the arpeggiated electro sounds started working its way into the project he lost me.

DSOL

Hospital Productions just put up some Prurient shirts for anyone interested
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

eyestrain

Worthy of a mention might be "Outside The World". Always enjoyed the brooding nature of this release. And was the first I had heard of him going this route. B-side is still one of my favorite Prurient tracks ever.

PedestrianOrgans

Ok I'm bringing up "Dracula Syndrome" again because it's a solid 70+ minutes and some of my favorite Dom harsh cut-up and it is criminally underrepresented here lol

DSOL

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on June 12, 2018, 07:07:58 PM
Ok I'm bringing up "Dracula Syndrome" again because it's a solid 70+ minutes and some of my favorite Dom harsh cut-up and it is criminally underrepresented here lol

because of his vast catalog, I finally checked this one out based on this thread. based upon my 1st couple of listens I would say this has moved into a top 3 Prurient releases for me
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

SiClark

I've been meaning to buy this release for ages, will have to purchase soon.

collapsedhole

yeah if i had to pick a solo cut-up style work fav it would definitely be 'dracula syndrome' but the collab with RR+FC seems to nail that best for me.

Aether

Maybe I won't sound like a true noise fan for this, but my favorites are Frozen Niagara Falls, Bermuda Drain and Through the Window. As far as an underrated one that hasn't been mentioned here yet, Adam Tied to Stone is amazing.