Started by Deadpriest, May 21, 2018, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Mine would be Troubled Sleep...
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

SiClark

Pleasure Ground and Black Vase are two of my favourite albums that I listen to the most.

Cauldhame

"A History of Aids" all the way.

Strangecross

Eigen Bast

atypical, but I love Rose Pillar.

Kayandah

Troubled Sleep, History of AIDS and Shipwreckers Diary are the ones I find myself returning to. Couldn't choose between them.

DSOL

A History of Aids is right behind Cocaine Death for me

Kayandah

Quote from: DSOL on May 22, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

See, i could never get on with Cocaine Death. I know a lot of people rate it but it does nothing for me

ConcreteMascara

History of AIDS and Pleasure Ground probably had the biggest impact on me when I was first starting Concrete Mascara, in the sense that I wanted to make things sound like Pleasure Ground but they came out way closer to the blown-out, hyper aggressive insanity of History of AIDS. the track "Vertigo" from History of AIDS is my favorite Prurient track.

My other two favorites, which I honestly listen to the most often are The Baron's Chamber CD on Nihilist and the Time Began in a Garden 2xcassette. The Baron's Chamber is an extremely well executed mash-up of several live sets which basically combine the sounds and vibes of Troubled Sleep, Fossil and The History of AIDS into something dense and feverish. The repetitive bass-y synth ending that's like the last 7 minutes of the 30 minute track is just a giant fuck off while being ear candy at the same time.

As for Time Began in A Garden the combination of theme, packaging and sounds makes this the best of all mellower Prurient releases. and for my taste, some of the best short tracks Prurient has ever done. really just perfectly executed all the way around. can't help but listen and think that this one had to have a huge influence on all of the "romantic" and mellow PE that's come out over the past 5 years.

But Prurient has many other great releases too! With a discography as big as his, not everything is a winner, and some just suck, but on the whole most things are pretty fucking good.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

DSOL

Quote from: Kayandah on May 22, 2018, 05:23:01 PM
Quote from: DSOL on May 22, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

See, i could never get on with Cocaine Death. I know a lot of people rate it but it does nothing for me

it took awhile for me to really appreciate the output

a_2_g_2

The Black Post Society was one of the first noise cds I ever bought, so it's one of my favorites. I'd like to say I love Rose Pillar, but I really only like one or two tracks. Cocaine Death, History of Aids, Black Vase, Fossil, Pleasure Ground are all great. Really love the high-pitched feedback PE style he sort of developed.

Major Carew

andy vomit

Pleasure Ground is unmatched in my book.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

NaturalOrthodoxy

Frozen Niagara Falls / Black Vase / Bermuda Drain / Arrowhead