New: Hunting Lodge - Unearthed + Son Of Will C60 cassette

Started by feverswarms, April 07, 2018, 06:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feverswarms

Physical release of 1982 archival recording "Unearthed", Hunting Lodge's recent Silent Records digital release, backed with "Son Of Will" - a side of previously unreleased and rare material recorded in 1983 during the sessions that produced the Will album. This tape marks the return of S/M Operations, 30+ years after dissolution.
Professionally duplicated tapes, double sided art. One time limited edition of 150 copies.
Released in cooperation with Easy Listening and Silent Records.

Order at http://easylistening.bigcartel.com/product/hunting-lodge-unearthed-son-of-will-c60-cassette

Tracklist:
Side A: Unearthed
Side B: Son Of Will
1. Carrion Bells Did Toll
2. Nil Illigitimus Carborundum
3. Na Vilavilairevu/Hand Of Glory - Raw Backing Edit
4. Shugendo Gyozha - Saturated Backing
5. S/M Operations - Full Length Version
6. Banishing Dirge - Original Album Version

"For 35 years, UNEARTHED was a TDK AD-X 60 minute cassette tape buried in my archives.The cover was labeled 'Korg solo stuff '82 – '83' in my handwriting. Side A of the tape itself read 'Skott Rushe Solo w/ L.C.Diehl producing Dobly no' in Lon's handwriting. This shows how early it was in our friendship - he didn't know how to spell my last name and to be honest, I don't think I knew how to spell Diehl.

My memories of those days are hazy but I'm certain this was recorded in Lon's first apartment in Port Huron. The same place where the foundation of 'Sounds Like A Picture' was recorded as well as 'Banishing Dirge'. The same place where Lon called me late one night to say he had the new 'Despair' video from SPK and I immediately rushed over with BK Whoppers
and 40's. It was also the crash pad after countless pitchers of beer at Roche Bar honing our world domination plans.

I'm also 100 per cent certain that this session was an alcohol fueled midnight experiment, mixing cigarettes, booze and synthesizers into some kind of industrial strength muck. Feeding my Korg MS20 synthesizer into Lon's harmonizer and Korg Stage Echo machines, Lon doing his best industrial Lee Scratch Perry to my best Maurizio Bianchi.

So here it is, UNEARTHED, in all it's glory, the closest you may ever get to a pure Hunting Lodge 'noise' piece, vintage 1982

- Richard Skott 2017"

online prowler

I understood tapes where shipping a little earlier to distros than private fanatics. The latter was beginning around March 30th. I reckon they are just around the corner. Looking forward to check out the tape.

Coma Detox

Still waiting on my order.  Hopefully shows up soon.

feverswarms

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 16, 2018, 11:19:54 PM
Has anyone received a copy?

All orders placed between March 28 and April 7 were mailed day of or day after order was placed. Since then a personal emergency has kept me away from home and only able to make it to the post office once a week. The item page has been amended with this information and anyone unwilling to wait 1-2 weeks for delivery is more than welcome to a refund - contact at knoxmitchell@gmail.com. If I am awake I don't take longer than a few minutes to respond.

Not trying to rip anyone off. For anyone who doesn't want to take my word for it, copies are available from Exoteque Music and Skeleton Dust (both Ohio, USA) and soon from Where Frost Reigns (Norway), Neds Records, 777 Was 666, and Lust Vessel (Japan).

online prowler

I can confirm that I am awaiting copies to WFR. Will submit a post in this thread when in stock and added to the distro.

Edit May 31: WFR will not be stocking said title.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: online prowler on April 18, 2018, 09:23:09 PM
I can confirm that I am awaiting copies to WFR. Will submit a post in this thread when in stock and added to the distro.

And I can confirm that WFR is from Norway, not from the Netherlands :D

feverswarms

Corrected, sorry, shouldn't post before bed.

All orders have been mailed besides one order placed on the 16th of this month and the WFR Distro order placed on the 14th. Those are being mailed this Friday.

Less than 30 copies left.