Control - Deadly Sins CD

Started by Malignant, December 11, 2010, 04:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malignant

Out now on Malignant!

Control - Deadly Sins CD (TumorCD48)
11 years after making his debut on Malignant side label, Black Plague, the legendary Control returns home to roost, with another pulverizing display of power. 7 tracks, thematically centered around the 7 deadly sins (with each track clocking in at the 7 minute), originally released as lmtd CDr for the Elektroanschlag 11 festival. There is no atonement here, nor redemption offered. Just cold, jarring currents of massively built power electronics and horror filled death industrial, full of clamoring factory debris, razor sharp sheets of sonic violence, and grisly metallic grind, rounded out with Garrison's trademark vocal devastation. In 4 panel digipak, designed by John Balistreri of Slogun.. $11
www.malignantrecords.com

GEWALTMONOPOL

I'm only four tracks into this album but my first impression is good. It's trade mark Control but I detect a slightly colder sound overall. The layering is there as is the compression and as far as that goes it sounds like he's managed to seperate the sonic onslaught a bit better than before and the different layers just keep building. I'm yet to delve deeper but based on a so far brief listen my expectations have been met. A new album by Control was long overdue!

My copies for the Unrest distro have arrived and will be added to the shop over the next couple of days. By all means email me at unrestproductions(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk if you want one sooner than that. The usual CD price and p+p applies.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

ConcreteMascara

You've got to listen to the last 3 tracks then. I think the last half is the peak of the album. Especially track 6, Greed. Fearsome!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512