Unique Noise-Leaning Pedals

Started by PedestrianOrgans, February 02, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feedbacker

Sorry if this is offtopic but... I always enjoyed using metal pedals for noise

So... Anybody got any feedback or something to say about the Boss HM-3? The hyper metal pedal
Found one cheap online but I can't really find stuff online to get the idea of how it sounds applied to noise

Some people say it's shit for metal but I wanted a second opinion...

host body

Quote from: feedbacker on November 12, 2021, 06:35:06 PM

So... Anybody got any feedback or something to say about the Boss HM-3? The hyper metal pedal
Found one cheap online but I can't really find stuff online to get the idea of how it sounds applied to noise

It's not good. Sold mine, got it very cheap from a friend. Not high gain enough, and there's better pedals for low gain feedback.

tiny_tove

Got my Crustacean, needs lots of power to be uses as an effect with input, but does what it says
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

feedbacker

Quote from: host body on November 15, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
Quote from: feedbacker on November 12, 2021, 06:35:06 PM

It's not good. Sold mine, got it very cheap from a friend. Not high gain enough, and there's better pedals for low gain feedback.

Which ones you'd recommend? I've used a big muff and a rat and loved them both, but I only applied them on a guitar. I was thinking of adding pedals to a no limit input mixer

Soloman Tump

Quote from: tiny_tove on December 06, 2021, 02:14:20 PM
Got my Crustacean, needs lots of power to be uses as an effect with input, but does what it says

Cool.  A rochambeau is still on my wishlist - one day!

FLORIDA MAN

If you're in the states.. Sweetwater has a sale on Behringer SF300 Super fuzzes for $19

Soloman Tump

I like the look of TIDES, a reverb with post-gain stages, swell and external feedback loop
https://holyislandaudio.bigcartel.com/product/tides

The makers are also working on a new pedal called BLANKETS which from what I can tell is a multi-time step delay with LFO.

Holy Island are fully DIY, they screen print the enclosures and solder everything in-house too. 

Lovely stuff, I have their SuperFreq pedal which is a proper noisy filter / gain / fuzz.

Electro Surgeon

BOSS HYPERFUZZ
BEHRINGER SUPER FUZZ
INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

host body

Quote from: Electro Surgeon on February 06, 2022, 10:34:48 AM
BOSS HYPERFUZZ

IMO not that good. It's serviceable, but nothing special for noise.