PE + tape loops?

Started by Peterson, October 26, 2017, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson

Been searching for slightly quirky/different if not necessarily "revolutionary" takes on power electronics lately - main interest being power electronics that makes heavy use of tape loops and tape-as-instrument/effect sort of stuff, found-sound, unusual sound elements, you get the idea. Working on some stuff like that myself and curious what others' take on it might be.

I know of Puce Mary's stuff that uses loops/tapes, Ultra Fuck "Sex At The Moly Trostenets," Chloroform Rapist, Bizarre Uproar, maybe some Alfarmania, but no others immediately come to mind (or I should say some stuff comes to mind that's arguably "not power electronics"). Anyone know of any other examples?

(Could be moved to the gear thread if it belongs there instead.)

BTR

The newest Shredded Nerve on Chondritic, Trojan Self Image. His most structured and industrial/PE influenced release to date, heavily tape-based.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: BTR on October 26, 2017, 03:17:13 AM
The newest Shredded Nerve on Chondritic, Trojan Self Image. His most structured and industrial/PE influenced release to date, heavily tape-based.

Justin (I think is his name) is selling loop tapes on instagram too, not sure if as a release or for the purpose of sampling etc. Agreed though, Trojan Self Image kills and SN is such a great project

Deadpriest

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/