Special Interest
July 23, 2019, 02:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 184
  Print  
Author Topic: Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.  (Read 622977 times)
Lysergikon137 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #2625 on: May 10, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »

saw the original Pet Semetary last night for the first time. I'm sure most here have seen it but if not, spoilers. I didn't know what to expect as I don't really fuck with Stephen King aside from The Shining. I figured it was about killer animals which would have been fine but instead it turned into a killer undead kid film! highlights include the death of said child, every part with Herman Munster, and the undead dead child dying a second time. oh also the spinal meningitis sister. I want to see more films where adorable kids are absolutely wrecked by tractor-trailers!

DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2626 on: May 10, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »

saw the original Pet Semetary last night for the first time. I'm sure most here have seen it but if not, spoilers. I didn't know what to expect as I don't really fuck with Stephen King aside from The Shining. I figured it was about killer animals which would have been fine but instead it turned into a killer undead kid film! highlights include the death of said child, every part with Herman Munster, and the undead dead child dying a second time. oh also the spinal meningitis sister. I want to see more films where adorable kids are absolutely wrecked by tractor-trailers!

his kill scene (Herman Munster) is still one of my all time favorite kill scenes

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2627 on: May 10, 2019, 05:46:36 PM »

loved Slaughter High as a kid growing up - used to watch it all the time

It's so good and the soundtrack kicks ass.  I'm a sucker for cheesy slashers.  Can't stand the Friday 13th and others of that same.  Give me sleepaway camp any day
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2628 on: May 10, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »

The scene in pet semetary when the poor bastard wakes up and Blam! Bashes his head in the night stand best scene ever
Strangecross
moderate user

« Reply #2629 on: May 10, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »

Pet Semetary is one of my favorite horror films of the 'classics' in this vein. The sister was played by a man which really boosted the character...maybe a notable actor I forget.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:43:48 PM by Strangecross » Logged
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2630 on: May 11, 2019, 01:56:45 AM »

Roadkill: The Last Days of John Martin-  watched it while looking through the Deadbeat at Dawn bd released by Arrow. Gory short film about a beer-swilling murderous cannibal obviously influenced by TCM, it even mimics the music for a few seconds. Also, the trailer for the never-made gore film, Chunk Blower co-written by the late Chas. Balun. Still holds up & looks fun. Too bad it was never made.

That kid wielding the scalpel in P.S. is a riot!
collapsedhole
user

« Reply #2631 on: May 11, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »

i saw they are re-making pet semetary, blasphemous.

i have always thought a prequel based around fred gwynn's character of judd would be awesome, especially his early life... like who was 'the rag man' who introduced him to the place? have thought about this in detail many times through out life. 
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2632 on: May 11, 2019, 02:51:35 PM »

i saw they are re-making pet semetary, blasphemous.

i have always thought a prequel based around fred gwynn's character of judd would be awesome, especially his early life... like who was 'the rag man' who introduced him to the place? have thought about this in detail many times through out life. 

Well the remake came out and got mixed reviews and q prequel is in the works so fingers crossed the prequel is actually good.  The mainstream movie market will probably mess it up sadly
EXU
moderate user

« Reply #2633 on: May 13, 2019, 03:38:58 AM »

Mr. Arkadin/Confidential Report - Great.
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2634 on: May 14, 2019, 10:01:28 PM »

Watched David Cronenberg's Spider. Fantastic film highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys psychological films. 
Also watched Prom Night (1980) haven't watched since I was I'm high school so it's been while haha.  Loved it I dig a killer with charisma. 
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #2635 on: May 15, 2019, 01:10:49 AM »

Watched David Cronenberg's Spider. Fantastic film highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys psychological films. 

Oh, fuck yes! Miranda Richardson just totally stole the show in that one. But excellent all around. Very faithful to the great Patrick McGrath novel on which it's based.

Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2636 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:16 AM »

Oh, fuck yes! Miranda Richardson just totally stole the show in that one. But excellent all around. Very faithful to the great Patrick McGrath novel on which it's based.

I'm going to hunt down the book.  Hell yeah it did, Ralph was untouchable too, his performance was very moving and unsettling. I had it for months and never watched it and on Sunday I had nothing to do so I sat down and watched and was blown away.
EXU
moderate user

« Reply #2637 on: May 15, 2019, 02:12:25 AM »

The Dirt - Fun movie, LoC is funnier and the the subject interests me way more (my interest of Mötley Crüe is basically non existent) but is very well done, doesn't take itself seriously and the Jackass director knows how to handle the dirt of it all - actually not THAT dirt I think. I hope these kind of (actually good) band biopics pop up more often now.
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #2638 on: May 15, 2019, 02:56:28 AM »

The Dirt - Fun movie, LoC is funnier and the the subject interests me way more (my interest of Mötley Crüe is basically non existent) but is very well done, doesn't take itself seriously and the Jackass director knows how to handle the dirt of it all - actually not THAT dirt I think. I hope these kind of (actually good) band biopics pop up more often now.

LOC was atrocious and I'm not even a huge fan of those bands.  With all the hype I figured the murder and suicide scenes would have been more brutal but in my opinion they were so tame
EXU
moderate user

« Reply #2639 on: May 15, 2019, 04:20:29 AM »

LOC was atrocious and I'm not even a huge fan of those bands.  With all the hype I figured the murder and suicide scenes would have been more brutal but in my opinion they were so tame

I thought they were great. They are quite gory for the movie style presented, actually breaking the atmosphere when they come up and not over glorifying it in my opinion (the constrast with the way the movie shows the church burning is pretty cool in my book). The impact for me was in how they were kind of stretched and agonizing instead of "wam bam thank you m'aam", so they work on another level of brutality. I really liked LoC and don't expect people here to get on the van with me but it's mixing of irony/mocking/nostalgia and some true interest and even empathy with the subject was a surprise. As a recreation of the times alone it feels very detailed at least. Not a masterpiece but 4/5.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 184
  Print  

Jump to: