Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE RITA HN

QuoteI received The Slasher is a Sex Maniac Blu-ray today (released by Code Red). I love the title! It also known as So Sweet, So Dead.

I've said it before, but easily the greatest of all the Gialli.
Really great to watch as part of the 'ultimate dark murderer aesthetic' genre history timeline:
NIGHT OF TERROR [1933]
MUNDO DEPRAVADOS [1967]
SO SWEET, SO DEAD [1972]

SiClark

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on May 08, 2018, 07:16:40 PM
There'd be no need, and that's the problem as far as the industry is concerned. Once, they made movies. Now, they make franchises.
This is only going to get worse with the popularity with Marvel, every other film company is looking for stories they can mine for endless films.

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on May 09, 2018, 12:06:31 PM
Jesus, all those fucking worthless super hero movies...

Surely,'jesus, all those fucking  useless  movies '. Why limit to superhero  genre?

DSOL

The Cottage was recently put on Shudder. haven't seen the movie in a few years, forgot how enjoyable it is, for what it is
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

bitewerksMTB

Last night was the black and white Japanese crime film, Cruel Gun Story, from 1964. It's basically a heist-gone-really, really-wrong with lots of beatings and shootings. I caught it on Turner Classic Movies & the Criterion Collection logo was displayed at the beginning.

aububs

Quote from: david lloyd jones on May 11, 2018, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on May 09, 2018, 12:06:31 PM
Jesus, all those fucking worthless super hero movies...

Surely,'jesus, all those fucking  useless  movies '. Why limit to superhero  genre?

love useless movies personally

went to see new french rape/revenge movie called...uh...Revenge last night

was ok. a bit by the numbers. it's been called the first post #metoo movie but the lead actress is filmed like the camera is drunk and horny. any female empowerment message it might have had is kind of cancelled out by that. i guess you do get to see the lead actor's dick a few times too.

aububs

Quote from: THE RITA HN on May 09, 2018, 10:26:33 AM
QuoteI received The Slasher is a Sex Maniac Blu-ray today (released by Code Red). I love the title! It also known as So Sweet, So Dead.

I've said it before, but easily the greatest of all the Gialli.
Really great to watch as part of the 'ultimate dark murderer aesthetic' genre history timeline:
NIGHT OF TERROR [1933]
MUNDO DEPRAVADOS [1967]
SO SWEET, SO DEAD [1972]

i've gotten copies of these movies and am looking forward to watching the unofficial ultimate dark murder aesthetic trilogy soon

aububs

also watched this the other day. liked it. broke labourer gets involved in billionaire russian roulette gambling. it's very tense and well made altho it's probably not difficult to juice tension from russian roulette.

Intacto is another really good russian roulette movie

david lloyd jones

13., awesome when initially  seen. The ending being the payoff.
Not seen since, so unsure about the quality overall. Will likely be good  but not sure.

aububs

the same director did the american remake which looks like garbage

online prowler

Quote from: aububs on May 13, 2018, 05:08:10 PM

in general that is the coin: all american remakes are garbage.

Kayandah

Quote from: online prowler on May 17, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

My one exception: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'd rather watch fincher's version than the swedish original

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

online prowler

Quote from: Kayandah on May 17, 2018, 04:40:00 AM
Quote from: online prowler on May 17, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

My one exception: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'd rather watch fincher's version than the swedish original

Cannot disagree w Fincher.