Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

last few nights:

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS- pretty cool but I was expecting more wildness & blood. feels like a film that gets better with another viewing.

HUMONGOUS- tame 80s horror. I remember renting it on vhs. best part is first 10 minutes with a rape & German Shepherd attacking the rapist. child from the rape lives on an island that was inhabited by a pack of dogs & the mother. idiots end up there shipwrecked & are killed in ungraphic manners. glad i didn't buy it when rel'd.

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH- previously viewings of this film have all been on tv, cut, with commercials. I think. so the dvd is the first time I've seen it uncut. ridiculous plot with mild but cool gore & an excellant soundtrack.

tonight is Willian Friedkin's KILLER JOE* but the dvd I rented is R-Rated. it was rel'd into theaters as NC-17. the blu-ray has the uncut & cut vers. which I found out after renting it & checking online. so if you're interested in the film, get the blu-ray!

*TOTAL SHIT. Whatever's cut out of the R-rated disc made the movie shorter so that's a good thing. Friedkin should get on a special ed. blu-ray of Sorcerer & then retire.

youngnosh

I was into the idea of time travel recently and found these films:
Primer (2004)
Clever and believable - requires multiple viewings.
Crono Crimenes (2007)
Horror and time travel mixed together.

Went to the local cinema to see the last Twilight film last neet. I'm sure there's much anticipation on this forum...it was brilliant.

bitewerksMTB

Watched a couple of Abbott & Costello movies plus horror from the '80s: THE NESTING, MADMAN, & NIGHT OF THE CREEPS.

ConcreteMascara

Django Unchained - enjoyed it a lot. Violent and exploitative, it definitely could not have been directed by a black director. I actually liked it more than Inglorious Bastards.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ConcreteMascara

John Carpenter's Big Trouble In Little China - I have not seen this movie all the way through in a long time. As a result, I've got a couple of observations/questions:

1. All Chinamen know kung-fu (except women) - so watch out!

2. Kim Cattrall is/was hot: i'd fuck her brains out

3. Where the fuck is the reissue of this soundtrack?! I've heard zero in regards to this issue.

4. James Hong is a boss actor who needs more roles

just my two cents, but definitely the truth.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

youngnosh

Quote from: theotherjohn on December 18, 2012, 03:28:42 PM
Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on December 18, 2012, 02:20:57 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/toying-with-sounds-of-the-flesh-20121217-2bj6x.html

This looks promising. Anyone seen it?

Quote from: Si Clark on September 01, 2012, 12:06:43 AM
I saw Berberian Sound Studio at a film festival last weekend, it's very good! It was very interesting to see a film where the main focus was on the sound design. Great performance from the main character as he spirals into madness. Recommended.

I've just finished watching it. The sound design, foley etc was interesting to watch but the film went past the point of being exceptably subtle for me.
Really disapointing.
I quite enjoyed it myself too - certainly one of the more interesting and unusual horror films (if you can call it that?) that I've seen lately.

Levas

Watching Cracker - very nice detective series. Though it's British, but the feeling is somewhat German. Truly recommended if there are people into detectives

bitewerksMTB

Weekend viewing: THE PSYCHOPATH, STORAGE 24, & SLEEP TIGHT (recommended)

Coma Detox

City of the Living Dead Blu-ray.  Great transfer on this one.

Deathship Blu-ray

Richard Kern's Hardcore collection Blu-ray.  Always put off watching this one for some reason and now I know why.  The only decent clip is the one where a guy trims some asian chick's bush and puts a hood over her head.  She looked pretty scared of the whole process.  People always used to tell me about "Fingered" but it was just pretty laughable.

Sex and Black Magic DVD.  Pretty awful D'amato erotic/cannibal flick.  Dodgy transfer from a dodgy company.

Amer Blu-ray.  Some cool visuals and one neat razor slashing scene.  Not much else good about it.

online prowler

Kenneth Anger

Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome (1954)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34sfF1t82oM

Went to the local video shop the other day and rented the new movie Ted w Mark Wallenberg. Don't ask me why I have repressed the reason. Totally awful, not even stupidly fun. BTW Coma D. Thanx for the Hardcore reminder. Will check it out one of these days. Looking forward to the new movie on Mandela starring Mel Gibson.

JHC

Quote from: Coma Detox on January 14, 2013, 09:06:45 PM
Richard Kern's Hardcore collection Blu-ray.  Always put off watching this one for some reason and now I know why.  The only decent clip is the one where a guy trims some asian chick's bush and puts a hood over her head.  She looked pretty scared of the whole process.  People always used to tell me about "Fingered" but it was just pretty laughable.

I like Kern films....especially You Killed Me First and Fingered.
Not sure if they were meant to be serious or not but I've always found them hilarious!
Good stuff to put on when people are over....they're like over the top comedies or some such.

Recently watched:

O Valtos (aka The Swamp) (1973)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220831/

....and a couple of good drama/mystery films with Mimsy Farmer:

La Route de Salina (1970) 

Les Suspects (1974)

"Poetry don't work on whores."