Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: ghoulson on October 10, 2012, 10:27:29 PM
picked up some "classics" recently on vhs... had to watch them again.

IL PROFESSORE
Epic film dealing with the camorra. Based on the book "Il Camorrista" by Giuseppe Marrazo. Based on the story of Rafaele Cabout him, but sutolo ("Il professore") and the Camorra killing spree 1982-83. It was a pleasure to watch this 3 hour film again with swedish subtitles.[/i]

Who directed this? I think you talking about Raffaele Cutolo, the boss of the old wave of Camorra ;)

ghoulson

Cinema Paradiso director Giuseppe Tornatore. Highly recommended.
Traded some vhs at Videodrome today and also picked up "Nazi atrocities" VHS today - haven't watched it but seems like tape full with death camp footage.... remember seeing it mentioned in Killing for culture.

kettu

Quote from: tiny_tove on October 10, 2012, 04:54:33 PM
Quote from: kettu on October 10, 2012, 12:52:57 AM

I did "rewatch" the avengers since I fell a asleep in the theatre.

biggest hollyowood disappointment for me this year.

I liked it when hulk smash. and I did like the iron man movies. like is strong but I was entertained.
started to watch Terrore nello spazio but I got too sleepy to finnish. impressions so far, really cool leather suits!!

krod

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 04, 2012, 10:26:35 PM
V/H/S- terrible
I watched it yesterday. In my opinion it was one of the more entertaining found footage-films, which are usually only shit. Endings on all stories were terrible though.

tiny_tove

Quote from: ghoulson on October 11, 2012, 12:53:03 AM
Cinema Paradiso director Giuseppe Tornatore. Highly recommended.
Traded some vhs at Videodrome today and also picked up "Nazi atrocities" VHS today - haven't watched it but seems like tape full with death camp footage.... remember seeing it mentioned in Killing for culture.

In Italy this movie is known as IL CAMORRISTA and it is a semi-unknown movie to the most that definitely strikes as one of the best movies of its age, while Italian cinema was pulling the plug.
This flick went almost underground for many years since it dared to speak many thruts on this that were happening in those days between mafia, masons and demochratic christians.

Ben Gazzara is perfect as the main actor.

Definitely  a classic.

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Nil By Mouth

Yeah I remember it. Biagio Pelligra (very well knowed characters of italian polizieschi) have a small part on it.

bitewerksMTB

PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES- pretty good Hammer film. all the scenes of the voodoo rituals esp the masks & the decapitation in the cemetery are excellant. VAMPIRE CIRCUS is my fave Hammer movie.

Last night was the new season for "American Horror Story: Asylum" & right from the get-go it was dumb as dirt. Has a difficult time paying attention. Last Sunday, "The Walking Dead" started back for its 3rd season & while not great, it's definitely better than A.H.S.

online prowler

Quote from: Human Larvae on October 03, 2012, 04:20:29 PM
continuing today's movie matinee, just saw Buffalo 66. A bit unnerving to watch now and again, given the troubled characters being portrayed, but overall a good flick with it's bleak atmosphere.

This is good shit! Modern classic written all over it.

m.

ANIMA PERSA (D.Risi) "Bizarre events keep occurring in an old mansion, and it's soon obvious that something mysterious is up in the attic."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075682/

nice one. shot in Venice. Vittorio Gassman is great.

Tenebracid

the third man (1949) - classic film noir with beautiful chiaroscuro photography and a bleak finale.

no es bueno que el hombre este solo (1973) - interesting spanish obscurity about a middle aged man who lives with a mannequin doll and sees his privacy disturbed by a prostitute neighbour.

the blood spattered bride/la novia ensangrentada (1972) - trippy spanish cult film with pretensions of cheap psychoanalysis about a virgin bride that finds herself seduced by a mysterious woman who makes her commit bloody crimes. excellent!

il terzo occhio (1966) - joe d'amato's masterpiece 'Buio Omega' is a remake of this!! good atmosphere and visuals on this gothic horror with the always great franco nero as the disgraced taxidermist turned embalmer.

Black_Angkar

Just saw Tsukamotos "Gemini". Not as intense as his auteur films (I recollect this being a more commercial work?) But definitively a really good one. Intense atmosphere and as aesthetically perfected as usual, minus the fastpaced editing and industrial soundtracks. Which quite frankly gives me a nice "ah he's more than a one trick pony" feeling. I think I'll place this one slightly below Tokyo fist, the Tetsuo films, perhaps together with "A snake of June" when it comes to quality. And better than Vital or Bullet Ballet.

Tried to watch "Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto" but my dvd can't change the presets so it failed cause I don't want to see the english dub. Great film though.

bitewerksMTB

THE DEVIL'S BRIDE aka THE DEVIL RIDES OUT- one of my fave Hammer films
THE RIVER'S EDGE- Crispin Glover is such a dramaqueen & Keanu's brother should have shot him

Human Larvae

Hobo With A Shotgun laughably over-the-top exploitation with Rutger Hauer. If you've got time to waste, lots of gore and silly quotes await

m.

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 21, 2012, 09:31:13 PM
THE DEVIL'S BRIDE aka THE DEVIL RIDES OUT- one of my fave Hammer films

absolutely great.  just bought the book few days ago.

TWIXT (F.Ford Coppola). Coppola seems to have discovered Lynch. enjoyable but nothing outstanding

bitewerksMTB

I love TO THE DEVIL, A DAUGHTER too despite it just be silly. I was looking at ordering the books also; can't find anyone in the US with "The Devil Rides Out" at a cheap price but have found :To the devil..." & "The Satanist".

HORROR EXPRESS &, hopefully, NIGHT OF THE DEVILS dvds will be coming in soon...