Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Deviated

Dogthoot - CULT!!!!
Grimm Love - Movie inspired by the Armin Meiwes cannibal murder case..... mmmmm....not so good, but watching a penis eater is always funny!
Kill List - YES! Great! Tortures with a hammer are my favourite ones!

P-K

Dogtooth is very good :-)

Grimm Love was pretty irritating imho....especially that grad student doing "oh noes" shocking discoveries, CHRIST!

recently :
The Thing remake.......what a piece of shit! pffffff
Carpenter's The Thing : the morphing dog is one of the best scene's ever, same level as Hellraiser's uncle Frank resurrection...
Bron/Broen series.....i'm a sucker for "crimi", saw lots of crap too but this was rather good.
Jaws : classic
Escape From New York : classic II

bitewerksMTB

I d/l'd DOGTOOTH & had trouble paying attention. Local place has/had it for rent but I keep forgetting about it.

Just scored a cheap, ex-rental dvd of OUTRAGE: WAY OF THE YAKUZA! Violent as hell. If you're a fan of yakuza films, it's a must-see.

Mrs. Deviated

Quote from: P-K on March 31, 2012, 03:59:38 PM

Grimm Love was pretty irritating imho....especially that grad student doing "oh noes" shocking discoveries, CHRIST!

YES, the student was very irritating! And also the choice to put in this film a stupid morals and stupid good sentiments....pffff....I just want to see a fucking cannibal! eheh! ^^

I liked very much Dogthoot....Initially it seems to me a little bit intellectual and authoral (in the bad sense of the terms) but after few minutes it catched me in its mad reality.... And I loved it very much!!! Now I have some new ideas about education! ;)

emboscado

Yesterday I watched Sleep Tight (Mientras Duermes) directed by Jaume Balagueró and probably his best film. The main character is really wicked, Luis Tosar performs his interpretation in a very credible and disturbing way. Highly recommended.
e m b o s c a d o

FreakAnimalFinland

The Blood of Heroes a.k.a. SALUTE THE JUGGER
Mad Max easthetics on post-apocalyptic world, where bloody sport of juggers is played with dog skulls. Kind of mix of gladiator action and... american football? It is actually sport film put in settings of survival & post-apocalyptic times. Good stuff from 1989 Australia!

The Soutland Tales
I think generally disliked and considered senseless bullshit movie, yet I like it. Watched it for 2nd time. Complexity of plot is enough to keep things everything else but obvious. Better is just to let the movie flow forwards and see later. Even if the cast is most of all amusing, Dwayne Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Seann William Scott etc. but also some old "has been" stars. But I can get over it. With actors that would have been "nobodies", this would have been better, but probably even bigger flop.
Futuristic story of 2008. Alternative energy forces, semi-totalitarian government. Neo-marxists aiming for revolution. 4th dimension opening for new arrival of jesus. etc etc. All sorts of weird stuff happening.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 03, 2012, 06:36:06 PM
The Blood of Heroes a.k.a. SALUTE THE JUGGER
Mad Max easthetics on post-apocalyptic world, where bloody sport of juggers is played with dog skulls. Kind of mix of gladiator action and... american football? It is actually sport film put in settings of survival & post-apocalyptic times. Good stuff from 1989 Australia!

Is this the movie with Rutger Hauer?
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Mrs. Deviated

Quote from: emboscado on April 01, 2012, 12:10:33 PM
Yesterday I watched Sleep Tight (Mientras Duermes) directed by Jaume Balagueró and probably his best film. The main character is really wicked, Luis Tosar performs his interpretation in a very credible and disturbing way. Highly recommended.

Seen yesterday....really great! I'm agree, it's the best Balaguero's film.

Cold fish --> Bad, violent and hopeless movie. I loved it. And some hyronic moments make it really mad! Sion Sono is a great director!

ConcreteMascara

The Killer Inside Me
I think this was mentioned here before maybe 2 years ago? Some nice, violent neo-noir. I didn't find the atmosphere completely convincing but the violence was nice and pretty realistic. It's always a plus when the battered women are the type normally to play in feel good romantic comedies. Worth watching.

Total Recall
Classic Schwarzenegger/Verhoeven sci-fi action. Watching it again I'm struck by how ridiculous all the shoot out scenes are. People constantly flinging themselves in the line of fire, never running out of ammo, always missing etc. The classic tropes of action movies. But what makes the movie so re-watchable is that you never know for sure if the majority of the film is the memory implant or real.

And has anyone watched the preview for the new 2012 remake? Looks fucking godawful.
[death|trigger|impulse]

bitewerksMTB

THE HUNTER- stupid movie with Willem Defoe being paid to hunt down & kill the thought-to-be-excinct Tasmanian Tiger for a medical research company. He does kill it but then cries over it.

Just received CUT-THROATS NINE dvd. Looking forward to seeing that bloodbath again!

WATERPOWER

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on April 10, 2012, 06:46:38 PMAnd has anyone watched the preview for the new 2012 remake? Looks fucking godawful.

I try not to think about it. We were just discussing how classic it is that Arnold always bears a typical non-Austrian name in all his movies while he clearly was right off the boat.

RyanWreck

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on April 10, 2012, 06:46:38 PM
The Killer Inside Me
I think this was mentioned here before maybe 2 years ago? Some nice, violent neo-noir. I didn't find the atmosphere completely convincing but the violence was nice and pretty realistic. It's always a plus when the battered women are the type normally to play in feel good romantic comedies. Worth watching.

I actually liked this movie. Not really enough violence but when there was it was good and definitely more realistic than most movies (spoiler: like when he beats the life out of his fiance and slips on her piss).

This reminded me to go watch Clay Pigeons again. Not in the same vein, more of a dark comedy about murder but none-the-less it's a decent watch for a Vince Vauhgn movie.

bitewerksMTB

Watched part of GET CARTER with Michael Caine last night. Recorded it so will finish it soon.  Not sure if there's a dvd available; should check on that. Caine is cold & brutal. No nonsense hardboiled crime; no pretty boy, sunny California, hipster tight pants bullshit.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 11, 2012, 09:32:38 PM

This reminded me to go watch Clay Pigeons again. Not in the same vein, more of a dark comedy about murder but none-the-less it's a decent watch for a Vince Vauhgn movie.

I love Clay Pigeons. Just cracks me up every time. A very underrated and under-appreciated film.
[death|trigger|impulse]