Ministry 'Antifa'

Started by calaverasgrande, September 16, 2017, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraciator

Quote from: Rhan-Tegoth on September 17, 2017, 09:42:52 AM
So did Samuel Huntington, but he is also not representative for all conservatives and right-wingers, just like the two theorists you've mentioned are not representative for antifa & co. Of course there are intellectuals on either side of the political spectrum that are miles apart from those who demonstrate on the streets, throw stones and burn stuff etc. Like user Johann said, that approach is very juvenile and not constructive, being "for" something is always better than to be "against" something. A similar example for such a "political" musician (not a junkie, though) would be Alec Empire from Atari Teenage Riot, that guy seems to be stuck with the mind of a 17yrs old anarchist.

And I also agree with Holy Ghost that you find such stubborn hardliners on the other ideological side as well - not to speak of religious fanatics.

Oh so you meant "antifa" when you wrote "leftists"?

I know a bunch of people who were active in the 80s who are now in their 50s and 60s who are incredibly smart, politically. No names though, for obvious reasons. Admittedly there were some that just liked hitting people but I'd say they were in the minority.

I guess it depends on your social circle.

Rhan-Tegoth

Quote from: eraciator on September 17, 2017, 11:37:14 AMOh so you meant "antifa" when you wrote "leftists"?

More or less, yes. I thought "leftist" is a derogatory term which implies a certain degree of extremism, should have been more precise.

collapsedhole

i like junkie Al way better than political Al. he's kinda like the wacky uncle, face tattoos don't help his cause though.

holy ghost

Quote from: calaverasgrande on September 17, 2017, 04:17:42 AM
I'll respect certain unequivocal positions that people take when they are willing to actually stick their neck out, and not just hide behind a keyboard online.
That said there are a lot of identity positions people promulgate that are kind of bullshit.
MRA and fat rights people come to mind.
As well as religious people who claim they are under attack because the world doesn't revolve around them.

I don't want my comment to come across like I'm an advocate for an apolitical approach or some kind of Lebowski-ish nihilistic philosophy. I'm more referring to people (MRAs also come to mind) who are so caught up in whatever extremist dogma they're following they can't have a reasonable discussion or listen to reason.

F82123

This video basically sums up everything awful about the new "radical" left. Misinformed, bland, and all around uninteresting.  How are kids suckered into thinking this shit is cool??
Fatigued & Relapsing

calaverasgrande

Quote from: F82123 on December 18, 2017, 01:34:10 AM
This video basically sums up everything awful about the new "radical" left. Misinformed, bland, and all around uninteresting.  How are kids suckered into thinking this shit is cool??
How so misinformed?

F82123

In the awful graphics on the video- Fascist: someone who is intolerant or a bully.....last time I checked a bully does not a fascist make. One of the new left's favorite ploys. Anything they don't agree with is of course....fascist
Fatigued & Relapsing

Brad

Quote from: calaverasgrande on September 16, 2017, 03:52:10 AM
Can't quite follow the lyrics.

This is what I hear:

I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU
I'LL BACK IT UP WITH MY FIST
SICK AND TIRED OF DEALING WITH ASSHOLES
THAT'S WHY I RESIST
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

RIGHT WING IS IN FREE FALL
SKINHEADS TAKIN' A DIVE
ANTIFA IS COMING FOR YOU
THEY WON'T SURVIVE
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

LOTS OF LITTLE SNOWFLAKES
NEVER WANT TO ADMIT
TERRIFIED OF THE RED AND BLACK FLAG
ANTIFA'S THE SHIT
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

Scat-O-Logy

Damn, that's a lot of snowflakes. There will be a white Christmas after all!

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: Brad on December 18, 2017, 02:32:23 PM
Quote from: calaverasgrande on September 16, 2017, 03:52:10 AM
Can't quite follow the lyrics.

This is what I hear:

I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU
I'LL BACK IT UP WITH MY FIST
SICK AND TIRED OF DEALING WITH ASSHOLES
THAT'S WHY I RESIST
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

RIGHT WING IS IN FREE FALL
SKINHEADS TAKIN' A DIVE
ANTIFA IS COMING FOR YOU
THEY WON'T SURVIVE
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

LOTS OF LITTLE SNOWFLAKES
NEVER WANT TO ADMIT
TERRIFIED OF THE RED AND BLACK FLAG
ANTIFA'S THE SHIT
WE'RE NOT SNOWFLAKES
WE ARE THE ANTIFA

Kids, take heed! This is an example of what 30 years of heroin abuse has done to a once talented man.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

GEWALTMONOPOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkywyKV-9U

This is almost as cringe worthy as that Le Tigre tune/video where they endorsed Clinton.

The comments to the video are worth a read. Even the morons are laughing this.

Good lord!

online prowler

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on December 18, 2017, 03:35:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkywyKV-9U

This is almost as cringe worthy as that Le Tigre tune/video where they endorsed Clinton.

The comments to the video are worth a read. Even the morons are laughing this.

Good lord!

Note: A positive thing to interlude here might be that a larger proportion of the internet public dislikes the video, than endorses the message. I am sure he has maggots in his rastas.

PTM Jim

Those lyrics sound like they are seriously written by a 13 year old.

Brad

Al Jourgensen has released an official statement on his motivation for making this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZormHXjp8M

GEWALTMONOPOL

Yup! Drugs eventually make people retarded.