Special Interest
March 05, 2021, 05:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recording at home - habits/discipline/routine  (Read 5026 times)
Soloman Tump
Heavy user

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 12:42:44 AM »

I still don't have a dedicated space for making music, so I have the time consuming effort of setting stuff up to a rough idea, playing around until it sounds reasonable, and hoping something good comes of the session.

I recorded about 3 hours worth of sound Friday night, and I have roughly 20 minutes of audio from it that I want to use towards a forthcoming split project.  That is quite a lucky haul actually from a one-off session.  Usually I do not like what I come up with.

Dismal electronics from Devon
JLIAT
user

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »

We are in the process of moving, having sold our house and yet to find a new one!
 so living in a one bed flat which has meant much reduced setup.

As for routine - the move upset this & Covid lockdown depression!! but back to making new works -
did 3 tracks yesterday and will try today. The use of the Behringer and PE100 means that all recordings need no
additional processing, the volume can be set very high and the delay on one channel gives a stereo effect
i like...

Soloman Tump
Heavy user

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 05:32:27 PM »

We are in the process of moving, having sold our house and yet to find a new one!
 so living in a one bed flat which has meant much reduced setup.

We just moved too, it took about 6 months in all due to various failures.  Awful time.  We were effectively homeless over Christmas but thankfully a family member put us up for 3 weeks.  Which turned out well because everyone else in the country had to spend Christmas alone.

Solicitors were awful.  I hated the entire process.  It cost a fortune.  But thankfully,  I like our new house and town and hopefully I will soon have my dedicated space set up for music and crafting. 

Dismal electronics from Devon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: