Merzbow Top Hits

Started by Strömkarlen, December 29, 2009, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiClark

Quote from: Zeno Marx on December 07, 2017, 03:25:16 AM
I see that Hospital Productions is reissuing Noisembryo on gatefold 2LP (edited) for $40+shipping.  I'm curious to know of the exact editing and alterations.  Is this a Nurse with Wound production where everything can be different?  What's the exact deal here?  Great to see this available again, though I'm having a difficult time believing it not best suited to remain on CD.  An all time all-timer.
I will let you know when I get my copy, can't find any other details of this re-issue online. I ordered it about 3 months ago so according to the pre-order delay it should be out this month.

FreakAnimalFinland

What I heard, was that it was mastered for LP format, but label being little cautious if engineer made is little bit too "soft" in fear of vinyl not being able to handle all the high-pressure all-at-max digital frequencies. Not sure if finally ending up sending "less mastered" audio.

Judging the length of tracks, it's clear 2xLP would require edits to make sound idea. No sense to have 3 or 9 minutes on one side while 25+ on the other. I'd assume material needs to be cut to even parts over the sides, despite it will change original track length. I think that hardly matters. I'd rather take edit with 15 min per side, 60 mins in total, that cut "as is" from CD lengths, track per side.

CD:
1   Part 1   9:23
2   Part 2   25:06
3   Part 3   21:00
4   Part 4   2:55

But in other hand... some material simply benefits from being CD and I'm happy to keep listening original CD. Release is good for those who prefer vinyl and crave some actually GOOD MERZBOW to be available.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Bloated Slutbag

I've been meaning to ask...

Is there any recent work along the lines of Wattle-

https://elevatorbath.bandcamp.com/album/wattle

...while I wouldn't rank this along with any of the classics it does manage to tick a few of the key boxes. Have not paid enough attention to ascertain whether this is to be regarded as an anomaly.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

holy ghost

I see that Hospital Productions is reissuing Noisembryo on gatefold 2LP (edited) for $40+shipping.  I'm curious to know of the exact editing and alterations.  Is this a Nurse with Wound production where everything can be different?  What's the exact deal here?  Great to see this available again, though I'm having a difficult time believing it not best suited to remain on CD.  An all time all-timer.

That's great to hear this is being reissued. It always seems to fetch absurd prices. I'm surprised Relapse hasn't jumped on the chance to do a deluxe vinyl version of Pulse Demon or Venerology. Which I would welcome! I don't mind Merzbow on CD but I'd be down with some of his stuff getting the reissue treatment.

holy ghost

I just ordered a copy from Hospital, this is the breakdown:

Side A:
Part 1 (9:15)
Part 2 (8:10)

Side B:
Part 2-2 (16:15)

Side C:
Part 3 (20:53)

Side D
Part 4 (2:52)
Travelling (Bonus track)

I have to say, it looks like Hospital did a beautiful job on this one

mag-maa

Quote from: david lloyd jones on August 19, 2016, 07:04:19 PM
not listened to a merzbow release in years.
loved his analogue stuff but thought his initial digital output poor as  adjusting to new format (digital)
some releases appealed but interest fizzled out.

quite often I've seen that people who listened Merzbow already longer time, they prefer the "great old days" recordings.
I've been listening less (years), and randomly - getting that Merzbow flow about 1-2 per year - so been enjoying those new digital era
recordings much more than that old stuff. Old stuff feels darker and heavier, but the new stuff has more psychedelic, free jazz/rock elements, which is probably why I like it.

impulse manslaughter

I like some of the old and also some of the new stuff. Noisembryo CD is the latest purchase here..

holy ghost

Quote from: holy ghost on March 22, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
I have to say, it looks like Hospital did a beautiful job on this one

I have to say, upon getting my copy Friday this looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. Hospital did an amazing job on both the visual and audio presentation. I would not sleep if you have any interest in acquiring this.

This has been my number one Merzbow want - I cannot justify spending $50 on a CD on ebay now discogs. And wow this not disappoint!

holy ghost

Pulse Demon DLP reissue on sale today

wwe.bludhoney.com

Obviously limited as shit

Cdan

Quote from: holy ghost on May 11, 2018, 07:51:13 PM
Pulse Demon DLP reissue on sale today

wwe.bludhoney.com

Obviously limited as shit

That won't last long.

PedestrianOrgans

Fuck, guys, do I buy one or do I say screw it because the cool swirl color vinyl is sold out

holy ghost

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on May 11, 2018, 09:18:03 PM
Fuck, guys, do I buy one or do I say screw it because the cool swirl color vinyl is sold out

If it's on coloured vinyl it will sound warmer and more analog.

PedestrianOrgans

Lol I was mostly joking, that "Spiral Blast" or whatever swirl vinyl is pretty nifty though

Zeno Marx

Couldn't get that link to work, but this one does:

http://bludhoney.com/album/pulse-demon
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

PedestrianOrgans