Merzbow Top Hits

Started by Strömkarlen, December 29, 2009, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

Quote from: Zeno Marx on May 12, 2018, 12:01:28 AM
Couldn't get that link to work, but this one does:

http://bludhoney.com/album/pulse-demon

Oops, I guess "wwe" is not a real domain.

If my internet ineptitude cost any of you a chance to pay $40 US for this as an apology I'm willing to let you come over to my house and listen to it ONCE but you bring your own beer. 

PTM Jim

Wow, why would they only make 400 of those? That was gone in hours.

XXX

i couldn't get the website to connect to paypal. after 15 odd attempts i just gave up.

DSOL

Quote from: holy ghost on April 01, 2018, 07:56:33 PM
Quote from: holy ghost on March 22, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
I have to say, it looks like Hospital did a beautiful job on this one

I have to say, upon getting my copy Friday this looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. Hospital did an amazing job on both the visual and audio presentation. I would not sleep if you have any interest in acquiring this.

This has been my number one Merzbow want - I cannot justify spending $50 on a CD on ebay now discogs. And wow this not disappoint!

just ordered the color vinyl version from Hospital today. looking forward to checking out the layout
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

Kayandah

I'm surprised Pulse demon sold so quickly, I'm sure Relapse issued a few versions on CD and whilst it might have been a lot of people's first exposure to Merzbow it has been followed by a slew of releases that surely have diluted his name. So to see 400 copies go in a couple of hours was a surprise, i just hope it wasn't a case of vinyl collector hipsters who want it as an art piece to show off

Kayandah

Btw anyone heard the releases/reissues from Slow Down records in Japan? Seems they are putting a lot out but the only way i can get them is through Amazon Japan

Deadpriest

Quote from: Kayandah on May 15, 2018, 03:48:49 AM
whilst it might have been a lot of people's first exposure to Merzbow

My first exposure to noise in general.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Duncan

Quote from: Kayandah on May 15, 2018, 03:48:49 AM
I'm surprised Pulse demon sold so quickly, I'm sure Relapse issued a few versions on CD and whilst it might have been a lot of people's first exposure to Merzbow it has been followed by a slew of releases that surely have diluted his name. So to see 400 copies go in a couple of hours was a surprise, i just hope it wasn't a case of vinyl collector hipsters who want it as an art piece to show off

I'm sure I used to see it on sale, cheap all the time but a cursory glance at the usual outlets shows that it's not quite so available as I thought.  In any case it does seem strange that this was such a popular item.  I don't want to knock the overall intention of a project like this but it seems likely that a high number of these quick sales will be based upon how well known the album is ('that' cover, 'that' t shirt etc), the format fetishism and of course the deliberate obscurity.  I think that even today Merzbow continues to be the guy whose albums you find in the shelves of people who otherwise don't listen to noise.  That's fine, of course.

All that said, I don't think I'll ever understand how an album originally recorded and released as single sequence of tracks benefits from being issued on a format that requires the listening to be interrupted 3 times, regardless of how nice the colour of the vinyl is.

SiClark

Quote from: Duncan on May 15, 2018, 01:06:47 PM
All that said, I don't think I'll ever understand how an album originally recorded and released as single sequence of tracks benefits from being issued on a format that requires the listening to be interrupted 3 times, regardless of how nice the colour of the vinyl is.
I agree with this 100%. Not everything needs to be on vinyl. I would rather have the CD version of this album.

Eigen Bast

It's a fantastic record, it's not readily available on CD, and the DLP is handsomely presented (though the Pitchfork quoting obi is pretty stomach churching). I get why it moved, and I am happy that folks are still going gaga over Merzbow.

XXX

when speaking of how quickly this sold out, it should be noted that Merzbow is v popular with the 4chan & reddit music nerds.

http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Merzbow

DSOL

Hospital Productions just put up Noisembryo shirts 

holy ghost

Quote from: DSOL on May 31, 2018, 05:11:55 PM
Hospital Productions just put up Noisembryo shirts 

I was super excited for this but they just didn't really whet my whistle.....

Just picked up my Pulse Demon DLP & Cassette from the post office. It's a beaut. Gonna shake the foundations of my house tonight.....

DSOL

Night Channels has a decent Merzbow shirt I've been thinking about grabbing

Zeno Marx

It's too bad AntiMonument was reissued on picture disc, and it appears it is the CD mix.  If so, it remains that the original mix is still very expensive and difficult to obtain.  I see there are copies on Discogs for hundreds of dollars.  Too bad the reissue wasn't a 3xLP on regular vinyl, with one of the LPs being the original PDLP mix; a truly exhaustive reissue.

I got very lucky a long time ago and found a copy of the original PDLP from the classifieds of MRR for next to nothing.  It hadn't aged well.  Fucking picture discs.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.