ROZZ WILLIAMS / PREMATURE EJACULATION / HAPPIEST TAPES ON EARTH wanted

Started by Freek, June 20, 2017, 10:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freek

Hello everybody,

New to this forum, so I might be asking something which really has no point, but still:
Can anyone help me find original cassette releases by Rozz Williams, Premature Ejaculation and on the Happiest Tapes/Place on Earth label?

Your help is much appreciated!

Kindest, Freek

Leatherface

I'm in contact with Chuck Collison (Happiest Tapes on Earth label's owner and PE member) for PE re-relase project.
I can ask him if he have something left, or if he want to re-release something.

Lazrs3

Hi, there was a tape of Death Cultures on ebay at a daft price ($1344). They do crop up on ebay and discogs.

Blood Told in Spine vinyl - https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=214565&ev=mb

Heltir is also worth checking out. https://www.discogs.com/artist/212627-Heltir

Looney Tic managed to do CDR reissues of Death Cultures 1 and 3 with Chuck's consent and Malaise did about 10 early reissues until they folded. Chuck is easily findable on Facebook and approachable. all are on Discogs listed.

bitewerksMTB

I use to own the "Assertive Discipline" tape. I sold it a few years ago. I remember the audio being collage sounds but not noisy like Sickness, etc. I'd be interested in hearing it again as there's a slim chance I'd like it more today than back then. I'm pretty sure Williams sent the tape to me in a trade.

Any chance P.E. will get proper reissues at some point? I actually do not know a lot about the guy. What I had from Christian Death, I didn't like either.

Lazrs3

Who knows, it's up to Chuck Collison to allow it. It would be great if there was. Wound of Exit is a good place to try again. A guy called Paris Sadonis was involved with Rozz in making it and it is a standout album by them.

My old article on PE before the lost recordings were reissued: http://www.lazaruscorporation.co.uk/articles/sound-of-premature-ejaculation

Leatherface

Chuck don't want to rerelease the PE discography, but working on a kind of "best of".

Lazrs3

Quote from: Leatherface on August 05, 2017, 09:57:01 AM
Chuck don't want to rerelease the PE discography, but working on a kind of "best of".

We found that to be the case too, I know there's been interest in the past from Dark Vinyl and other labels. To be honest it seems a shame as there is a lot of good material there that has gone out of print, but a lot is find-able in format and elsewhere. Malaise were doing a steady job of the unreleased works, but that folded sadly.

Also Leatherface how many Necrofelatio albums are there?

Leatherface

Quote from: Lazrs3 on August 05, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
Quote from: Leatherface on August 05, 2017, 09:57:01 AM

We found that to be the case too, I know there's been interest in the past from Dark Vinyl and other labels. To be honest it seems a shame as there is a lot of good material there that has gone out of print, but a lot is find-able in format and elsewhere. Malaise were doing a steady job of the unreleased works, but that folded sadly.

Also Leatherface how many Necrofelatio albums are there?

I've released two albums of this. Don't have the intention to work with him anymore.

About Malaise, idea was good, but the format (CDr) not. Sad...

Lazrs3

That's a shame, I am sorry to hear that I loved that first Nekrofelatio album that he did, I must get the other sometime. True about cdr, I try not to sneeze or cough on them or they don't play anymore.

Malaise wasn't in for the long haul, they thought Premature Ejaculation would sell a lot, quickly. Wrong people to run a label like that tbh.

Lazrs3

Both Plecid albums are on Discogs at daft prices, this was David Woodard's old project released on the label. The first album is great, odd, warped pop songs, Industrial Gems is totally different.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?label_id=29996&ev=lb

Also the compilation album Perpetual State of Ornacular Dream is worth getting as it features Premature Ejaculation and Plecid. It also features Haters and Genocide Organ too: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Perpetual-State-Of-Oracular-Dream/release/105331

As is Pathological Resonance as it features Rozz as 1334:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Pathological-Resonance/release/105319

Freek

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think the Malaise series was not too bad. The CDR format may not be optimal, but I cannot see anyone releasing that much PE works on factory pressed CDs.

Does anyone have a copy of Malaise 2CDR PART THREE by PE? That is the only one missing from the collection.... Thanks!!!!

Freek

Quote from: Leatherface on June 20, 2017, 10:47:41 AM
I'm in contact with Chuck Collison (Happiest Tapes on Earth label's owner and PE member) for PE re-relase project.
I can ask him if he have something left, or if he want to re-release something.

Would you please be so kind? Thanks!!!
Sorry for my somewhat late response. Kindest, Freek

FrankLee1334

HTOE cassettes are not cheap, they are really fucking expensive.  I'd be careful around Lazrs.  He's got quite a nasty history of running people out of fan forums that involve Rozz/PE/Happiest Tapes.  :)

The Death Cultures tape on Ebay was priced rightfully. Two versions of Death Cultures exist, the initial release and a very limited edition cassette with alternative artwork. Both tapes were released years apart from each other.  I know who bought the ebay cassette, really good friend of mine.
It's too bad certain people have tried to run that kid  out of the fan base and air personal information about his legal issues involving his ex. (*cough* Lazr4s*)

If you're going to tackle Rozz's PE projects, check out the stuff that is commonly available first.  To see if you even like it. Some people are very dismissive of Premature Ejaculation.
Lay down your warm babies on my cold feet - at the end of my bed.
(Kurt Cobain)

FrankLee1334

Quote from: Freek on August 18, 2017, 11:39:19 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

I think the Malaise series was not too bad. The CDR format may not be optimal, but I cannot see anyone releasing that much PE works on factory pressed CDs.

Does anyone have a copy of Malaise 2CDR PART THREE by PE? That is the only one missing from the collection.... Thanks!!!!

There are both CD-R and Silver CD editions of the Malaise series.  I saw a few silver copies go for sale online some time ago, but it does not appear that anybody submitted that information to Discogs. I'd love to buy the silver CDs myself as I have a mostly complete CD-R collection with only one release missing.
Lay down your warm babies on my cold feet - at the end of my bed.
(Kurt Cobain)