The pinnacles of American Noise

Started by 13, May 31, 2017, 02:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Black Leather Jesus/Haters: Decaying Behaviour
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Bleak Existence

manuelM

Nice one. You've already listed a few of my faves like Dave Gilden, OVMN and MXM, outstanding ones.

Other albums I appreciate from this category are Human skin Lanterns "Skin Stripperess" (1995), Slave Labour - Vol I & II (1994) as well as Orifice Training - "Bathroom Abuse, Blisters And Contusions" (1996).

Hum Of The Druid "Societal" 2005 is also a rewarding one imo

Johann

I gotta say my favorite stuff from the US is Trait/Lunde (for those unfamiliar all the stuff on IR is def a good place to start), Hands To (Forced Nostalgia put out a nice DVD with all his work) if I were going to pick one I'd say Egress (though recent work under his own name is great) and the other acts associated with incubator/YC. I'm also constantly blown away by the work of Joe Colley/Crawl Unit, the recent LP on Glistening Examples is a must for anyone into that kind of sound.

more recent people putting out incredibly good work and performance would be Dilloway, Wiese and Lescalleet (though all have been around for a bit). Those three though I am consistently impressed with.

Older acts that I think are standout and historically important

Smegma/LAFMS, TLASILA, Haters, Macro and Emil

Zeno Marx

Quote from: SILVUM on June 23, 2017, 06:00:23 PM
Hum Of The Druid
Small Cruel Party
Yeast Culture
INDEED.  Anything from HotD, really.  An amazing ear and talent.  That 3CD for SCP is sort of a mandatory and smart purchase.  And the YC IYS LP is a classic triturator.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

absurdexposition

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

addictor33

pretty obvious one, but havent seen it mentioned in this thread: TAINT
especially the Indecent Liberties album is worth it to be considered as one of pinnacles

Johann

Quote from: 13 on June 02, 2017, 12:06:52 AM
Quote from: IVX on June 01, 2017, 03:16:10 PM
Quote from: vomitgore on June 01, 2017, 09:15:29 AM
Dave Gilden "Texas Chainsaw Dope Fiend" definitely needs to be mentioned.

definitely second this

It boggles my mind why this has never been properly re-released.

Skeleton dust is selling cassette copies. I assume got them from Stella (if so great dubs). Hit either of them up if your feeling impatient, I'm sure copies are out there