The most successful collaborations

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 27, 2017, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerveGas

Quote from: skyloop on March 15, 2021, 02:25:38 PM

8.  Sewer Election & Treriksröset - Rågsved - THC18 - 2010: Recently got the reissue of this one on CD with Killing For Germany which I'm very VERY happy happened. A typical sewer Election and Treriksröset long 2 pieces of extremely varied but straightforward noise that is another constant assault that doesn't give in. Them together or just Serwer Election when they do things like this are good at above most artists at creating what I imagine a representation of war though it is like.

Just picked this up as well. Not only great sounds, but packaging is great too. Spot gloss photos  on the front and back covers were a nice touch. I normally don't care too much for fancy stuff like that, but it was done very well. Sewer Election and Treriksröset are a perfect example of amazing collaborations. I would agree that this release and the other collaborations between these two that I have heard have been straight forward, bludgeoning, and wall-ish noise (although I hesitate to use that exact term) which is interesting because much of these projects other material separately is a lot more varied. In a way it is nice to listen to something that simply blasts and leaves no room for trying to pick out which collaborator is responsible for which sounds. Just a cohesive work.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

tiny_tove

Aything done by CON-DOM/GREY WOLVES together, especially live.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

AMB -> Hyware -> Kapotte Muziek LP
Praxis Dr Bearmann
I have feeling as if I was listening this quite recently? If I was, no problem! When someone lists his favorite noise LP's, I am sure that this one would ne NEVER mentioned. Why exactly? Who knows, but I don't think I ever heard anyone talk about it. Good experiment would be to listen your favorite noise album and then throw something such as this on turntable and... possible be surpriced? It is really good. It has all the neat source sounds, and it has good somehow unsual processing of sounds. Not just distortion, not just loudness, but nevertheless all-out noise blasting.

I was thinking when in the podcast, people have talked about their favorite top-5 items (which seems surprisingly hard for each one? I feel that if it would take more than 60 seconds for me to say top 5 noise or top 5 pe/industrial, I would be surprised), often you hear names you can fully agree. Every release is great, but even when taking something as essential, as MSBR debut LP, if someone would say this above mentioned LP instead, I would not be surprised. There is something quite "old MSBR'ish" on this album when I think about it. Having specific set of sounds, using electronic efx - not just the distortion, never really "cutting" things. Just playing with the specific sound elements without need of being absolutely harshest, but always being noise.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Baglady

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 19, 2021, 09:38:54 AM
AMB -> Hyware -> Kapotte Muziek LP
Praxis Dr Bearmann

I have actually written about this record on numerous occations, both here and on other forums, most likely repeating myself. It's a great record! I can see why it would remain unnoticed though, especially on a label like Praxis Dr Bearmann with its roster of more wellknown/notorious artists than these three. It doesn't look like much either, compared to many other records on PDrB. I think it must have been Dan Johansson who pointed me to it, and as it didn't cost me more than a new cassette (still doesn't), it was a risk I was happy to take. Sound wise I've always thought it to be more in the realm of, say, C.C.C.C. rather than any of the three collaborators. The pressing isn't the best I guess, and it needs some cranking of both volume and bass, but a great and quite overlooked nugget nonetheless.

FreakAnimalFinland

yep! Seems like 12 years ago or so, haha..

I have feeling as if I wrote about this LP not so long ago? Don't remember now. S.Isabella + Stabat Mors collaboration LP. Recordings 1997, released in early years of 00's as edition of mere 100 copies LP. I am big fan of Stabat Mors, and this collaboration is so great. One side S.Isabella (read Government Alpha) using Stabat Mors source and other side the other way round. It has experimental, almost "cinematic" feel, but at the same time totally hand made, raw and broken - with bunch of female voices and other things.

Mania / Bloomer LP. A-side is live collaboration of the two. Sound very much like zoom digital small recorders doing room recording. I am sure this thing gets old at some point. I am as guilty as anyone, recording sets with H2n or something, but I am quite sure that after few years there will be a bit of caution to do recordings with them. Anyways, despite this small detail, brilliant A-side. would be nice to hear Bloomer talk how it was to record with Keith. I did play one show in Taint line-up in early 00's, in his only european show. It was not planned, but the day when show happened, Keith said that he came over to France with like 3 pedals and no way he can do full set with that, so I got to join. I did. I recall there was some footage of it?
B-side has solo tracks. Mania is great, heavy slab, like it always is. Bloomer close to a-side. Good. I got the art edition of this LP. Supposedly 13 exists. I have one, 12 other owners have listed themselves at discogs, haha...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Merzcat

The collaboration between Keiji Haino and Pan Sonic is really amazing.
The way it opens up with Pan Sonic's synth noise and some feedback then Keiji starts moaning and screaming, so heavenly.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2364028-Pan-Sonic-Haino-Keiji-In-The-Studio

Human Larvae

I'm gonna throw in Incapacitants & Richard Ramirez - A Purpose not Necessary, because Yellow Silk Buddha is one of my all-time favourite noise tracks

HateSermon

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 21, 2021, 06:58:20 PM
Mania / Bloomer LP. A-side is live collaboration of the two. Sound very much like zoom digital small recorders doing room recording. I am sure this thing gets old at some point. I am as guilty as anyone, recording sets with H2n or something, but I am quite sure that after few years there will be a bit of caution to do recordings with them. Anyways, despite this small detail, brilliant A-side. would be nice to hear Bloomer talk how it was to record with Keith. I did play one show in Taint line-up in early 00's, in his only european show. It was not planned, but the day when show happened, Keith said that he came over to France with like 3 pedals and no way he can do full set with that, so I got to join. I did. I recall there was some footage of it?
B-side has solo tracks. Mania is great, heavy slab, like it always is. Bloomer close to a-side. Good. I got the art edition of this LP. Supposedly 13 exists. I have one, 12 other owners have listed themselves at discogs, haha...

Great collab indeed. Live track is punishing, as expected. I just recently got mine from Pat Yankee / Paranoid Time. He still has some copies if anyone is interested. Cheap too.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1674395-Mania-4-Bloomer-Ready-To-Do-Damage

Stipsi

Pain jerk + john wiese albums are brilliant.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Electro Surgeon

VOMIR / SCRUBBER split lathe cut 10" collab out soon on INNERCITY UPRISING
INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

Garu

Not willing to put in the work to explain why (spent enough time composing this list), but these are generally what I think of as the best..

Some were already mentioned, and it's nice to see others also holding them in high regard..(sorry for all the Merzbow drops but hey..what can I say)

In no kind of order:

Voice Crack & Borbetomagus - the Concerto & Sparkling Bubble albums
Merzbow & Null - Produktion, Merzbow & Smegma, w. John Watermann, The Haters, & w. Xerosx - Aerovivanda #1 (haven't heard #2)
Merzbow & Achim Wollscheid (Eleven Live Collaborations, KIR Transformation, & Coruscanto, & w/S.B.O.T.H.I.)(and also all in a somewhat similar sound vein, the collabs with Kapotte Muziek, THU20, and Runzelstirn / Due Process)
The New Blockaders & Ferial Confine - TNB Est Mort! and the TNB/Putrefier thing
factor X / Runzelstirn / AMK – Helicopter (The Blades Of Mystery)
Smell & Quim /Merzbow - Seven Inches Inside Vagina, w/ Onomatopoeia - Fanny Batter, + Cock ESP - Super Noise Penis 7", & w. Expose Your Eyes - Quasi-Modo Cacandi (best title(s) ever?)
Humectant Interruption & Mo・Te – Rest Stop Entrapment
Prick Decay & Glands Of External Secretion – Who's Who.., PD with Witcyst - Custic Witch.., & Hawaiian Eye Melt Down 7" with K2
Die Lebensmittelvergiftung & S.Isabella – Harmonize
Masonna/Runzelstirn – Clitoris Projectile Pump and Arschloch-onna (w.Dave Philips)
Hands To / Kapotte Muziek / Merzbow / PBK / S.B.O.T.H.I. / Das Synthetische Mischgewebe – Rework / Odiom
Contagious Orgasm & Zyrtax - DNA Loops
Arturo Lanz (of Esplendor Geometrico) & Francisco Lopez (as BioMechanica)
Evil Moisture & Hanatarash - Fatanarchy on Airtube, + Panicsville, + Macronympha - Tentacles, + Melt-Banana, & 5" w/ Cock ESP "Monsters Of Cock"
MSBR / Daniel Menche / Crawl Unit / Basic Noise – Collabodestructivists
Aube & Cock E.S.P. - Maschinenwerk
on G.R.O.S.S. = The Three Temples & Four Shrines projects, Club Skull, Loop Circuit
All the Goldenrod stuff
Agog & De Fabriek - Factories Astir + Factories In Flux
K2 - Noise Tournament 7"s are all great & w/TNB – Oozing Ruin
Mlehst & The Rita - Fabric And Paint (Not a fan of HNW but this one works for me)
Speculum Fight & MSBR lp, w/Hijokaidan "Speculum Kaidan", &  the w/Rubber-O-Cement 3inchers
OVMN - Optimum Volume & Visions of Autoerotic Excess

Quote from: chewslife on April 28, 2017, 09:29:08 PM
PGR / Asmus Tietchens / Merzbow
C.C.C.C. / Nocturnal Emissions
Contrastate / The Tiger Lillies

Good calls..

Quote from: chewslife on April 28, 2017, 09:29:08 PM
One I had high hopes for that panned out to be less than expected, Esplendor Geométrico / Hijokaidan

Same, this one's a stinker that could've been a real ripper

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on November 12, 2020, 05:22:10 AM
Richard Ramirez/MSBR - Sonic Aggression: Absolutely crushing collaboration and should be in everyone's collection, a classic that Richard recently re-issued.

I recently discovered this..then forgot about it, but it is a cool one!

Quote from: Deadpriest on April 30, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Merzbow + John Wiese: Multiplication
Quote from: holy ghost on November 12, 2020, 12:18:42 AM
Wiese / T. Mikawa CD (2016)
Quote from: skyloop on March 15, 2021, 02:25:38 PM
Andy Bolus - Joseph Hammer - John Wiese - Prelude To Hawaiian Radio

Gave these 3 another shot(thanks to this thread) after dismissing them before..all quite good..historically have not liked Wiese's work but been warming up to him lately due to a good friend of mine pushing it

Garu

This got me to thinking about collaboration themed compilations...these are the only ones I can think of...mostly good stuff, probably assisted by the short track lengths. Even when the tracks are not so great, it works within the variety of sounds.

WNF: Tag Team Noise Rumble Spectacular on Stinky Horse Fuck
Bilateral Separation on Clotted Meat Portioning
The Swingers Club on Self Abuse

Interesting that there are 3 different approaches here. WNF is each act paired up twice, with a different partner each time and each appear once on each side of the tape. Bilateral Separation is split-channel paired acts. The Swingers Club is each act remixing one of the others, but none are reciprocated.

anyone care to recommend more of these? I tried searching for a collaboration themed compilation thread but didn't find one.

Also of note is the Steep Gloss label, which is collaborations only. https://steepgloss.bandcamp.com/music  ..I'm not aware of another label like this.

I discovered it via the Evil Moisture & Expose Your Eyes - AVANT STUPID release which, come to think of it, belongs in this thread... haven't listened to anything else on the label yet but some of it does look promising..

Duncan

Quote from: Jangchub Jr. on January 23, 2022, 06:32:35 AM
I discovered it via the Evil Moisture & Expose Your Eyes - AVANT STUPID release which, come to think of it, belongs in this thread... haven't listened to anything else on the label yet but some of it does look promising..

This is indeed very good. For me it is the best thing the label has put out by some way but yeah, plenty to dig into from them. Definitely appreciate the concept.

Some excellent stuff in your other lists. Can only agree with a full throat about that Prick Decay + Witcyst disc that came out a couple of years ago. For some unreleased thing that had just been lying around I thought it was really brilliant.

TNB/Putrefier is another noteworthy pick. Despite how involved Durgan is/was in TNB - to the point where he is clearly responsible for the better aspects of some later releases - that one definitely does sound a meeting of two distinct projects. I also really enjoy the K2/TNB collab on Banned for similar reasons. K2 processing raw TNB sources as far as I'm aware.

Garu

Quote from: Duncan on January 23, 2022, 07:36:11 AM
Can only agree with a full throat about that Prick Decay + Witcyst disc that came out a couple of years ago. For some unreleased thing that had just been lying around I thought it was really brilliant.

I discovered it a couple days ago actually..nice surprise!

Just remembered another couple great ones--

MSBR & RoboChanMan - Final Electro Acoustic Work 1
MSBR / Blazen Y Sharp - Mass For Dead Insects

chryptusrecords

Rasthof Dachau & Stahlwerk 9 - The Final Resistance LP AgitProp 2005

absolutely a fucking slammer, ridiculously good grey droning german power electronics. for some reason this LP is still readily available on second hand market. world war 2 references on the surface might make you think this is standard fare, and in a sense it is, but the execution is just perfect. there's more going on here that I haven't totally sussed out, the track 'vater ich rufe dich,' is a reference to theodor korner. "siloah's brook" is a reference to milton's paradise lost. rasthof dachau has always been a mystery to me. it's clear this record has something to do with lamenting the fate of germany, but whether that refers to the treaty of versailles, the trials at nuremberg, or the conference at potsdam, i'm not sure.