New Funerary Call & Subklinik CD's on Fall Of Nature...

Started by deathrune, November 17, 2010, 09:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathrune

Available now from FALL OF NATURE...

SUBKLINIK "Musik For Dekomposition" CD
Since 1996, Subklinik has continued to create some of the darkest Death Industrial / necro-soundscapes in existence. Enter "Musik For Dekomposition", the latest full length from Subklinik, featuring six torturous expressions that convey a foreboding atmosphere abundant with feelings of death, and isolation, manifested through a sonic vortex of analogue filth and decay.

"Lo-fi, unsettling, and ultra grim, this immediately takes me back to the early-mid' 90s and the heyday of the Slaughter Productions cassette scene" - Jason Mantis / Malignant Records

Samples "Flesh Dekomposition" & "Dekomposition I" @ Http://www.myspace.com/fallofnature

FUNERARY CALL "The Black Root" CD
Sepulchral, brooding Black Ambient from one of the most enigmatic and spectral entities the genre has produced. "The Black Root" saw it's first edition as a very limited vinyl release in 2004, now completely remastered on CD with new artwork, exclusively for Fall Of Nature.

Sample "The Black Root" @ Http://www.myspace.com/fallofnature

Each CD is available for $12 USD/Euro ppd worldwide, or $10 ppd within Australia

Email for wholesale rates. (for trade inquiries please wait a few weeks)

Contact - fallofnature @ hotmail.com

----------------------------------------

Still Available
T.O.M.B "Total Occultic Mechanical Blasphemy II" CD
Nekrasov / Moon / Nekros Manteia "The Haunting Resonance" CD - Last copies!
Nekros Manteia "Deus Otiosus!" CD
Funerary Call "Dark Waters Stirred" CD

deathrune

Some new reviews...

Funerary Call – The Black Root CD - http://existest.org/ee_v3/?p=2844
"Funerary Call is the black ambient project of Harlow MacFarlane who also performs more varied death industrial sounds under the moniker Sistrenatus. Although Funerary Call is an older project of his, he is still active and churning out new material. This particular release happens to be a reissue though, originally released on Fluttering Dragon Records in 2004.

The Black Root definitely stands the test of time as this is some top notch black ambient/death industrial music. This is the kind of noise sounds that will definitely appeal to many black metal fans, with low chants, delayed piano melodies and more distorted rhythmic passages.

One of my favorite moments in the album is the beginning of the third track Works of Fire in which a heavily distorted voice proclaims a prophecy of impending doom. Because the first two tracks had lulled me into a kind of peaceful yet dark lethargy this strangely affected voice is even more sinister. The track continues into a more rhythmic, almost martial-industrial sound yet keeping the harmonies and melodies as only a subtle touch in the background.

The sound that Funerary Call employs on The Black Root is somewhere between the ambience of Inade and the more industrial sounds of Stratvm Terror. If either of those projects appeal to you, I would strongly recommend picking this up, a very dark yet intriguing work, and yet another great release from MacFarlane."

------

Subklinik – Musik for Dekomposition CD - http://existest.org/ee_v3/?p=2840
"It's been a while since the name Subklinik has graced my eyes and ears and so I was quite ecstatic when I received this gem. As far as I can remember Subklinik has been around for quite some time but is a lesser known and less prolific project. They create dark electronic music and do so with clarity and vision.

The style of music on Musik for Dekomposition is somewhere between The Slaughterhouse era Brighter Death Now and the sounds of the more synthesizer based N. A very good starting point. I wouldn't say Dekomposition is really aggressive at any point, the devil is in the details in these more minimal compositions. The album clocks in at just over 30 minutes Subklinik makes use of every minute here.

The sounds on Dekomposition are usually repetitive synth structures with ranging from more rhythmic lo-fi synth lines (Flesh Dekomposition) to more atmospheric outings (Dekomposition II) and finally to some lonely wallowing throbs in Extraktion Procedure.

This sound reminds me very much of a lot of Italian lo-fi minimal industrial projects but I really like the sparseness of the compositions, and the atmosphere here. Very giallo, very spooky, and quite mechanical. A solid work from this long standing project."

-------

Funerary Call – Dark Waters Stirred CD - http://existest.org/ee_v3/?p=2848
"Here's another release from Vancouver's Funerary Call, as stated before this is the more black ambient styled project of Harlow MacFarlane also of Sistrenatus. This material is more recently recorded in 2008. Dark Waters Stirred is a more restrained album than the previously reviewed The Black Root and seems to feature the use of guitar in the bulk of the tracks much more prominently, yet never really coming out with it.

I would most easily compare this to the style of sounds that Aural Hypnox is releasing, this is dark, ritualistic, and monolithic yet detailed. The atmosphere is consistent and most of these compositions feature a droning core. There are always interesting details interspersed within, the high-pitched violin and breathing sounds converge nicely in the opener With Curse.

Words of Power features some great sound design in the upper registers with glassy grainy sounds echoing. The following track Miasma offers up a powerful distorted drone providing an intense variation to the sounds here. Dark Waters Stirred is an album that is heavily strengthened by the different atmospheres that Funerary Call is willing to provide.

Surprisingly there are a fair amount of noisier elements in Dark Waters Stirred most notably in the title track, and the aforementioned Miasma. The use of the violin is also quite interesting in the album as there is not any dark ambient artists that come to mind where a violinist actually plays on a track, although I'm sure strings have been sampled to death, this is a different twist. The closing track Crown of Iron clocking in at over 16 minutes is also worth mentioning here as it features a monolithic drone of harmonized guitar feedback and layered sounds eventually joined by modulating chanting. Once again the Stratvm Terror comparison is brought to mind with Funerary Call's sound as is the Aural Hypnox influences here. Yet another excellent piece of work from this talented artist."

Purchase here - http://www.fallofnature.blogspot.com/

deathrune

Apologies to the moderators for this being in the wrong section (I bumped an old thread rather than begin a new one). Feel free to move it to it's correct place.