Nocturnal Emissions

Started by shearling, March 07, 2017, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shearling

not familiar with this project but would like to be. Can anyone make suggestions for a
starting point?

bogskaggmannen

What's your pleasure, Sir?

From the earlier more trad industrial roots, through his "pagan" loop period, into techno (-ish) stuff... I prefer Spiritflesh, Stoneface and still have a soft spot for the Blasphemous Rumours CD, one of the first experimental records I bought, should have been around 93-94?

I need to hear that Mouth Of Babes LP - any comments on that one?

shearling

Hadn't really thought of that, didn't realize the catalog was so diverse. I'd probably go more the traditional industrial or looped stuff

helenscarsdale

i continually return to 'drowning in a sea of bliss' from 1983. a vinyl reissue of this album is long overdue. this one is better suited to vinyl with the first side being a volatile rhythmic noise akin to SPK's 'information overload unit' and the second side has a far more somber feel, almost seems prescient of vatican shadow's 'death is unity with god'. 

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on March 07, 2017, 10:32:13 PM
I need to hear that Mouth Of Babes LP - any comments on that one?

Satisfyingly disturbing, in some places, generally good over all.
Shikata ga nai.

acsenger

Invocation of the Beast Gods is a great dark ambient album.

Leatherface

shearling

jadderly

Fruiting Body is my favorite. That's one of their most aggressive, noisy old school industrial albums.

After that I'd go for Drowning in a Sea of Bliss, Viral Shedding, Befhlsnotstand, Tissue of Lies, and Duty Experiment. This is all late 70s/early 80s stuff.

I don't like their dance era that came immediately after that, e.g. Songs of Revolution.

A little later they are all over the place. Stoneface and Spiritflesh are good albums if you like minimalist, mystical ambient stuff. Nothing like the early 80s period.

eraciator

A comrade informs me that Steve Muhmur of this parish is doing a radio show NOW of N.E. stuff, to be followed by an interview with Nigel Ayers + live session later this afternoon.

http://icecast.commedia.org.uk:8000/soundart.mp3

Decrepitude

Quote from: eraciator on November 27, 2017, 09:28:31 PM
New comp of early stuff: http://www.mannequinrecords.com/mnq-102-nocturnal-emissions-nocturnal-emissions-2xlp-cd/
I recently bought this from a closing sale of a local electronic/techno record store and it's quite good. Lots of variation but still works as a whole pretty well. Very good liner notes also.