David S Hastings

Started by Johann, February 19, 2017, 11:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johann

Hey, was curious if anyone has any info on this dude what so ever. I know he released a split tape on SFCR in 93' with Trance, and the most recent was a single sided LP on AM Tapes with Olson, though i don't know how representitive that LP is of his sound, there are also two collaboratoriob tracks on the LP that may be Olson remixing or may be them playing together.

Other than that I recall a blurb on the Hanson Records old site saying that he was a Lansing Postal Worker and when they asked him to Jam he told them he just threw a microphone in the washer machine. Has had me pretty interested since! But alas no info!

One YouTube link from a track from a big body parts compilation... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWh2qSVKHvY ...this track is just cut up spoken word or speech stuff, but I don't know if this is representative either.

Any info please let me know!

feverswarms

Dave used to come out to shows here in Michigan pretty regularly, though it's been a few years since I've seen him at this point. Very nice guy, and yes he's a mailman (maybe retired by now).

They didn't ask him to jam, so to speak, but for a master - he had been recording already since the late 80s from what I can tell. The LP on AMT was originally supposed to be a 7" on Stomach Ache in the 90s if I remember right.

He's got another tape on the Square D label called All Washed Up, but I haven'the been able to find that or anything else. I used to bug him about finding his old masters, but to no avail.