noise and minidisc

Started by diigitae, February 19, 2017, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diigitae

hello anyone know about some noise distro on minidisc(not mini cd) i search but doesn't found anyting about altrough i can record the noise tape i buy on a minidisc i prefer to buy to artist who deal with this format.

david lloyd jones

minidisc seems to have ended up as the betamax and hd disc of recording.
still have a minidisk player and 30or so discs I recorded onto, largely neglected.

goingnowhereeatingthings

A starting point to search for more is here: https://www.discogs.com/it/search/?style_exact=Noise&format_exact=Minidisc

You can start your own minidisc project; I believe the main problem is that there are no more companies that are making them... but maybe this can enhance your aesthetics.

diigitae

it's the first thing i do to search on discog but i will research i have found old website who reference some bootleg or others things in lminidisc but all are dead and by the way more about pop rock than anything and oh i miss something important style,SAMBA!!!

;)

Cementimental

Surprised there aren't more MD noise releases considering how much the scene loves obsolete and obtuse formats :)

I suspect there might be quite a few 90s/2000s japanoise ones we don't know about since MD caught on more and survives longer there

Probably the main reason there's not more, and the reason the format didn't really get the success it deserved, is that it was deliberately crippled by the record industry due to their phobia of allowing people to make lossless digital copies of music

Thought of releasing something on minidisc myself,  the main thing that's put me off is that with my current technology I wouldn't be able to copy disks complete with all track mark and title Infos... Presumably thus coukd be done with some more pro decks. I have used them a lot for recording over the years tho both before and after their obscelence :)

It's probably the best time to buy second hand or new-old-stock disks and recorders right now, obsolete enough to be worthless and not quite old enough to be 'vintage' collectable yet :)