CON-DOM

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 26, 2009, 03:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johann

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 22, 2013, 09:53:50 PM

wished I could have attended the Extreme Rituals fest just to have listened to Mike speak about "confrontation". Was wondering if anyone video taped the panel discussions?

Doesn't hurt to throw this one back out there, to get to listen to any of the panel discussions would be a real treat!

Duncan

Quote from: Johann on September 08, 2016, 05:13:11 AM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 22, 2013, 09:53:50 PM

wished I could have attended the Extreme Rituals fest just to have listened to Mike speak about "confrontation". Was wondering if anyone video taped the panel discussions?

Doesn't hurt to throw this one back out there, to get to listen to any of the panel discussions would be a real treat!

I was there and have some recordings. It went like this.

1) A load of the individual presentations which, besides a great talk from Ron Athey, were quite dry and academic things delivered from university teachers.  They lose a lot from simply being audio. 

2) 'The Story of Schimpfluch Gruppe'.  Disastrous Q&A with Eb.er and others which should have been interesting but was just a big dud in the end.  Writer Chris Sienko had been flown in from the USA to direct this discussion and had put together some amazingly well researched and detailed questions about the history of the group which were all met with pissy, monosyllabic answers from Eb.er that just became very frustrating and annoying to watch, and not in any kind of 'this is challenging' way.  Just like watching a sulking teenager being made to sit round the dinner table.  I can vaguely sympathise with the idea that he isn't into interviews or panel discussions, but I'm sure he didn't have to agree to do it in the first place?  The only people he was spurning were simply big fans of his music and nobody else. I lost a lot of respect for the person behind all that great work then.  Anyway.  You wont really be able to hear much of this as he was muttering so quietly.

3) The final recording is a panel about transgression in noise music which Dando features on.  Pretty good as I remember though you may not hear any particularly new info.  I know I asked a question at some point which I think he failed to answer but that could just as much been my phrasing. It may or may not be on the recording.

I don't mind sharing the recordings but beware: they are pretty bad quality and it can be hard to hear a lot of stuff.  I'll try to clean up and enhance the sound a bit over the weekend.  Anyone interested in them can PM me.

aububs

Quote from: Duncan on September 08, 2016, 10:22:20 AM
Disastrous Q&A with Eb.er and others

that was excruciating.

utimate respect to Sienko.

Duncan

Just an update.  I've slightly cleaned up and uploaded an mp3 of the panel featuring Dando etc.  PM me if you want the link. It's wetransfer so will be gone after a while.

Cheers

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on September 03, 2016, 05:43:50 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 02, 2016, 10:07:53 PM
I have my own near-death relatives to look at, I don't need Mike's.

It's one of the hardest things anyone has to do.

Haven't heard the new album yet, but on the subject matter I'm going to run the risk of being a wanker and say for the most part, for me, it's just another day at the office. I can't remember the number of people I've seen die, let alone their names. We come, we go.

But for what it's worth, I applaud Mr Dando for approaching this subject, particularly from his perspective. For me, the greatest pain is not for those dying but those nearest and dearest. When residents die, I don't cry. But when I talk to relatives or spouses during or after palliation, that can put me over. The dead don't suffer, that's a privilege of the living.

not a wanker, but the professional's experience is far removed from the relative one, so markedly different response-the first time for relatives, another in a long line for professionals.as long as the gap is filled emphatically then no issues.

FreakAnimalFinland

To add those, who have not seen this, it's not like "his perspective" would mean album would be some sort of emo-egotripping.

When Special Interests did Con-Dom interview, he mentioned that the days of writing about KKK or some distant things is gone. That he would be interested in doing something what is closer. Local importance, personal importance, something what has actual relevance to life. After few comments from yours truly being critical of contemporary self-sentered ego music, Dando concluded that of course he didn't mean he would be in intent to write music with intent of "look at me", "see how I feel" -type. Just to have subject matter what is truely meaningful personally, to take further.

At that time, I don't think there was idea that it would be this. But as result of various circumstances, we can see how "something of personal importance" did inspire this album. Subject matter just speaks for itself. I don't see that release is could be somehow filed to be his emotionsand his experience. Those things are on the back, but actual substance that is used, seems to be taken from variety of sources and talk about much more complex matters.
Still probably exactly what was talked in interview. To be substance of personal meaning, rather than just some interesting thing what happened somewhere. We've seen a lot of "death industrial", but I doubt we have seen this kind of death industrial yet. When there extremities of grotesque is removed, even the horrid "yelps" of dying, is rather disturbing compared to moviesamples of screaming chicks.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

GEWALTMONOPOL

All this while still remaining quintessentially industrial. No latin beats, no emo melody, no denouncing of the genre, no three piece suits, no PC bullshit, no arty pretentiousness, no academic airs and graces, no fucking weakness. For as much as this album sets itself apart it's still industrial in the most traditional sense and that is also why it's head and shoulders above much else.

I bow in respect to CON-DOM for knowing how the fuck it's meant to be done.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

david lloyd jones

Quote from: accidental on November 29, 2016, 04:15:55 PM
Is he still making copies of the 80's cassettes on CD? And where can i find contact info if he does?

Does anyone have any experience with the Zeal SS vs Control Dom issues? Differences in quality and such? Is it worth looking for older editions of CD tapes or is there little to no difference between newer and older editions of these old releases?
80's tapes available still as tapes.
many distros have them, so fooling will give info.
support your local/national distro

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Si Clark on November 29, 2016, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: accidental on November 29, 2016, 04:15:55 PM
Is he still making copies of the 80's cassettes on CD? And where can i find contact info if he does?

Does anyone have any experience with the Zeal SS vs Control Dom issues? Differences in quality and such? Is it worth looking for older editions of CD tapes or is there little to no difference between newer and older editions of these old releases?
I'm not aware of any difference. I have quite a lot of Con-Dom tapes in my distro. I really love the fact that he keeps these available. For example the  Con-Dom / Nails Of Christ* With AMK ‎– Have Faith tape is printed on the same blue coloured paper, can't imagine why it would sound different so the only difference between these later re-issues and the ones produced in the 80s would be the actual year they were made. No difference in visuals, no difference in sound.

accidental, assuming you are uk based, get in touch with black psychosis distro

BlackHole

That edit was made two months ago, so couldn't have been an April Fools prank. Either way, I am very curious.

Major Carew

Quote from: Dr Alex on April 16, 2017, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: SILVUM on April 15, 2017, 09:15:24 PM
someone mentions he commited suicide last year.

WHAT???? Mikko?
Quote from: theotherjohn on April 15, 2017, 10:18:52 PM
Bit late for April Fools' now surely? Chatted with Mike last December at both MK9/Rusalka gigs in the UK and he was alive and well - it would have been officially announced by now by more official representatives if it was true in any way.

I noticed this edit too, but corresponded with Mike a couple of weeks ago, so was confused about what the editor meant. I contacted the user who made the edit , and he seemed to think that the lyrics on the latest record pertained to Mike himself!

He said : "An honest to god oversight. I will correct that. I assumed a piece of writing from his last studio album was autobiographical. Said piece flatly states, among other things "I am going to kill myself. I hope to have spared you some of the protracted grief. "by the time this has reached you, I will be dead" and mentioned "a solution of barbiturates" as the intended manner of death. I couldn't find anything confirming or denying it, and couldn't find any signs of activity starting around the time the album came out. I am terribly, terribly sorry. This was my mistake."

I thought it only right to tell this chap that he must be as dumb as a bag of hammers.

He seems to have since corrected the information.

Andrew McIntosh

Hope that bloke hasn't heard "Moors Rapist".
Shikata ga nai.

Scat-O-Logy

From Discogs: "According to personal correspondence, I was dead wrong."

No pun intende(a)d?

Theodore

Best is when he announces suicide by barbiturates and he adds "I don't have an exact date" . Yes, you got it all right and you missed the day haha.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"