CON-DOM

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 26, 2009, 03:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otomo_Hava

Con-Dom's "How Welcome Is Death..." album is propably (one of) THE most devastating, frustrating and depressing Industrial/PE album that have been ever released expressing simultaneously a personal statement (about euthanasia due to inacurable/untreatment diseases in this situation) and an unavoidable life experience, even if you're the dead or the living. You have to listen to the whole album from beginning to end cause listening to clips on Youtube ain't worthy at all and ruins the matter of its creation. Well structured and composed lyrically and sonically with devotion, respect and ethos to its serious subjects of life and death.

Definitely one of the best albums of this year.

Fluid Fetish

$54.99 for the lp....hoping the availability lasts a little bit longer on this one as I'm scrounging and saving here..

david lloyd jones

Quote from: BlackHole on August 26, 2016, 04:38:40 AM
I have to say this is one bleak and depraved record. Aurally, Visually, Aesthetically....hands down down of the most genuinely disturbing records I own. Great releases.

I honestly can't see what is depraved at all about this release.
an intense and intensely moving meditation on death and dying without prurience or sensationalism, and all the more powerful for it.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: david lloyd jones on August 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM
I have to say this is one bleak and depraved record. Aurally, Visually, Aesthetically....hands down down of the most genuinely disturbing records I own. Great releases.

an intense and intensely moving meditation on death and dying without prurience or sensationalism, and all the more powerful for it.

In total agreement with that. Maybe it's a case of personal experience. You and I have seen what this album deals with in our professional lives which makes it more obvious to us but none the less unsettling. It is for me anyway. I don't respond well to dementia patients or the circus that the law requires when an old person without a DNR enters the path to end of life. It's horrible. This album brings it straight into my home when I listen to it. It's a brilliant but difficult album for me.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

david lloyd jones

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on August 28, 2016, 06:51:47 PM

In total agreement with that. Maybe it's a case of personal experience. You and I have seen what this album deals with in our professional lives which makes it more obvious to us but none the less unsettling. It is for me anyway. I don't respond well to dementia patients or the circus that the law requires when an old person without a DNR enters the path to end of life. It's horrible. This album brings it straight into my home when I listen to it. It's a brilliant but difficult album for me.

thanks. certainly it's connection to our professional lives drives the topic home in a way not obvious or even available to a general audience. my album of the year so far, and can't see anything else coming close.

GEWALTMONOPOL

IFOTS often describes CON-DOM as top of the food chain and not without reason. While my contempt for many an old timer who lost or threw away their mojo is probably well known I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Dando. His first release in 15 years and there's not a hint of rustiness or being stuck in the past. Something for everyone, high or low, young and old to aspire to.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

tiny_tove

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on August 28, 2016, 06:51:47 PM

completely in line regarding the concept, sad without being pathetic and no single hint of exploitation. a very personal documentation of an important piece of his life slowly collapsing.
personal topics are always difficult to express... he won everything.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

bitewerksMTB

Staring at that woman's face on youtube while listening to "T4" is kind of uncomfortable.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 29, 2016, 09:35:13 PM
Staring at that woman's face on youtube while listening to "T4" is kind of uncomfortable.

I'm sure you know, but 'that woman's face' is mikes mother in the final stages of her life

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 02, 2016, 05:54:27 PM

I'm sure you know, but 'that woman's face' is mikes mother in the final stages of her life

Nope, that's info I was not privy to. Now,  I'm less interested in owning it.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 02, 2016, 09:13:23 PM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 02, 2016, 05:54:27 PM

Nope, that's info I was not privy to. Now,  I'm less interested in owning it.

really? why ?

bitewerksMTB

I have my own near-death relatives to look at, I don't need Mike's.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 02, 2016, 10:07:53 PM

well, says it all.
so many others don't

FreakAnimalFinland

Listened album today again and it is album that appears to grow more. With 3 LP's worth of Atrax Morgue before putting Con-Dom on turntable, one could really appreciate the depth of compositions and substance. Not that there was something wrong with A.M. either. Still, with few flaws I wrote about before, album is unique in the genre and superior in comparison to A LOT of groups. Like pointed by some, Con-Dom clearly presents the strongest new material out of anyone from old league of England. It also manages to take its substance to new direction without delivering just the expected.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 02, 2016, 10:07:53 PM

It's one of the hardest things anyone has to do.

Haven't heard the new album yet, but on the subject matter I'm going to run the risk of being a wanker and say for the most part, for me, it's just another day at the office. I can't remember the number of people I've seen die, let alone their names. We come, we go.

But for what it's worth, I applaud Mr Dando for approaching this subject, particularly from his perspective. For me, the greatest pain is not for those dying but those nearest and dearest. When residents die, I don't cry. But when I talk to relatives or spouses during or after palliation, that can put me over. The dead don't suffer, that's a privilege of the living.
Shikata ga nai.