CON-DOM

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 26, 2009, 03:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernpe

Quote from: TordonLjud on June 14, 2016, 01:28:18 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 14, 2016, 01:24:47 AM
A notice from Discogs popped up in my email informing me that Con-Dom's "All in Good Faith" is banned for sale:

https://www.discogs.com/Con-Dom-All-In-Good-Faith/release/49019?utm_campaign=sell-blocked-release&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional

I couldn't figure out why until I took a second look & noticed "Sir Nigger" in the track list.

Same thing with "Waging War Against You" and also albums from a number of other projects. Sensitive times.
Colour of a Man's Skin also.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

AXNAAR

Quote from: Ernpe on June 14, 2016, 10:53:49 AM
Quote from: TordonLjud on June 14, 2016, 01:28:18 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 14, 2016, 01:24:47 AM
A notice from Discogs popped up in my email informing me that Con-Dom's "All in Good Faith" is banned for sale:

https://www.discogs.com/Con-Dom-All-In-Good-Faith/release/49019?utm_campaign=sell-blocked-release&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transactional

I couldn't figure out why until I took a second look & noticed "Sir Nigger" in the track list.

Same thing with "Waging War Against You" and also albums from a number of other projects. Sensitive times.
Colour of a Man's Skin also.

I think this can all be put down to a few individuals with a knowledge (but little understanding) of the genre satisfying their own garbled political agendas.

I wonder if Patti Smith's 'Rock N' Roll Nigger' or Lennon's 'Woman is the Nigger of the World' will also be banned??? I highly doubt it.

Goat93

Quote from: Dr Alex on June 14, 2016, 10:41:33 AM
They are fucking assholes!!! That must stop!!

Why?

I thought Con Dom is no Chart Entry, Easy Listening Music next to Justin Biber, more a Provocative Mirror to the Society

But maybe i'm wrong...

cr

Quote from: totalabuse on June 14, 2016, 05:48:43 AM
grey wolves division is banned too

Fuck, then I was lucky enough to purchase a copy of this one just one day before it got banned.

Of course - their business, their rules - but all these are strange choices for banning nonetheless.  But then, maybe only from my point of view...

FreakAnimalFinland

CON-DOM - HOW WILCOME IS DEATH - 2LP BOXSET
Tesco
The image seen online doesn't do justice for the record itself. All those odd black lines over logo and so on are not part of actual finished item.
I must say, as we're talking of one of my favorite bands, it's hard to really pretend as if I could approach it objectively. Nor I think it should be aim either. So many years of listening Con-Dom's work, seeing gigs and so on, there is couple decades of setting both: expectations as well as forgiving certain aspects.
I have never thought that Con-Dom would be the kind of stuff one could call "audiophile noise". I don't think there is aim to get sounds to be eye-candy to noisefans, but be elements in conceptual art pieces. At least in all his full length albums.
What album loses in technical aspects - be it pixelated images or some snapping loops, it wins in strength of material overall. I get a feeling, that images may have been with purpose evading all aspects of "arty" - to be as real and as blunt as possible. Few technical flaws or tinny sounds barely matter, when Con-Dom again displays to remain master in creating both, arch within individual tracks as well as within album. It's subject matter is pulled from various sources, testimonies of terminally ill, dying, people losing their lifeforce. Very different take to control and domination, but still clear. Perhaps clearest in suicidal wishes. "I am so tired of being dependent on people". There are some aggressive material as well, but mostly album is like the theme. Eerie and disturbing.
I have yet to listen is CD sounds different than vinyl, but I'd say that despite fancy box and neat double vinyl format with etching on the D-side.... I think CD lay-out with smaller booklet and multi-panel digipak works better with the graphics.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Steve

I am bowled over with the quality of this release. I only have vinyl edition. I think the size of the photographs in the tract capture the statements and theme really wee which (I think) may be lost in small CD booklet format (?), less demanding more disposable. These pictures / photographs have to be studied. The single sided 12" is the most powerful I have heard Con-Dom in a while.

cr

What is really annoying about the CD, is that the next track already starts at the end of the previous track, and suddenly there's a gap with silence, and then the number of the track changes and the next track continues. Not sure if this description is understandable. But if you listened to the CD, I think you know what I mean.

martialgodmask

Quote from: cr on July 09, 2016, 06:15:11 PM
What is really annoying about the CD, is that the next track already starts at the end of the previous track, and suddenly there's a gap with silence, and then the number of the track changes and the next track continues. Not sure if this description is understandable. But if you listened to the CD, I think you know what I mean.

Yes, I was going to say this is my only "complaint" of an otherwise immense album. I think it can be corrected listening on a computer but in my car I can't escape it. It's a minor niggle however that doesn't ruin the album.

parapluie

While I can see the positive effect on second-hand market from this kind of music being banned from Discogs, there is some stuff I'd like to buy I can't find anymore.
I was looking for a copy of the Colour Of A Man's Skin set and willing to pay Discogs prices (around 50 - 60 euros if I remember correctly), but now except on this forum, I'm not sure where to post to find a copy, same for Streicher CDs.
Any suggestion ?

Goat93

Quote from: parapluie on July 10, 2016, 01:54:09 AM
While I can see the positive effect on second-hand market from this kind of music being banned from Discogs, there is some stuff I'd like to buy I can't find anymore.
I was looking for a copy of the Colour Of A Man's Skin set and willing to pay Discogs prices (around 50 - 60 euros if I remember correctly), but now except on this forum, I'm not sure where to post to find a copy, same for Streicher CDs.
Any suggestion ?

This Release isn't banned or not anymore. I don't know
You can get some Streicher/Goldenrod CD's from Freak Animal and a Rerelease from Old Captain.

Doesn't understand why you won't look at all these Mailorders. There are so much with Deadstocks.

parapluie

Quote from: Goat93 on July 10, 2016, 11:09:06 AM
This Release isn't banned or not anymore. I don't know
You can get some Streicher/Goldenrod CD's from Freak Animal and a Rerelease from Old Captain.

Doesn't understand why you won't look at all these Mailorders. There are so much with Deadstocks.
You're right, thanks. It seems to be unbanned from discogs now, it's just that sellers have yet to put their copies back on sale, that's why I didn't notice.
About Streicher : the three CDs I'm looking for are long sold out. Already got everything that is still available.

Steve

Parapluie - why don't you use the "classifieds" section + put up a wants list?

parapluie

As said in my previous post, that's what I did. Will give Maniacs Only and Stench forums a try, just thought about these.
Sorry for the off-topic ! Thanks for the help.

BlackHole

I just got the Con-Dom "How Welcom is Death..." 2xLP box in the mail yesterday I have to say this is one bleak and depraved record. Aurally, Visually, Aesthetically....hands down down of the most genuinely disturbing records I own. Great releases.

Dr Alex

Quote from: BlackHole on August 26, 2016, 04:38:40 AM
I have to say this is one bleak and depraved record. Aurally, Visually, Aesthetically....hands down down of the most genuinely disturbing records I own. Great releases.

Seconded!!