Warcom Media

Started by Burial Hex, January 01, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burial Hex

Quote from: C601 on February 01, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
Quote from: isomer on February 01, 2017, 08:14:55 AM
Quote from: Burial Hex on January 27, 2017, 08:06:25 PM
Quote from: isomer on January 23, 2017, 01:38:38 PM
I've still got the Jonestown Revolution cdr somewhere, but really it's mostly just 40 minutes of the good Reverand. Can't remember where or who I ordered it from, but in the same order I got Men Among Mice and a tape with tracks made entirely from the sounds of Ayrtan Senna's crashing Formula One car. Not sure if it was an actual Warcom Media release or not, can't find mention of it anywhere online. Interesting release nonetheless!

Sounds to me like you have this tape: https://www.discogs.com/Warcom-Sennacherib/release/256820

The Jonestown Revolution cdr should have at least a track by Robert X Patriot and a Warcom track.  Any chance you would consider ripping the disc?

Here you go mate - here's a rip of Jonestown Revolution. Uploaded using the free version of wetransfer, so it'll only be up for a week I think. Let me know if it works: https://we.tl/fmHChy6ju3
nice

Very nice, downloading now.. thank you!   

In the meantime I found Vanguard Productions has compiled a pretty good cassette of Socrates Wounded (aka Den, aka Lesiu Niemoczynski, aka Order And Progress), looks like I am not the only ones digging into this old stuff.  Can anyone confirm if Lesiu Niemoczynski was involved with Black Metal band Call of the Wolves? 

Woodpath1935

Quote from: Burial Hex on January 01, 2017, 09:51:26 PM
Indeed, at the peak of this short-lived scene, Ajna Offensive released an unusual split 7" between Robert X Patriot and Voluspå (an Industrial side project of Maniac from the band Mayhem...  now who has those tapes??).

Robert X Patriot also had a label called Strength Through Joy which released the compilation CDR Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard. There are several interesting tracks on this disc, including the two strong showings from Hagall. Though this comp is easily downloadable from the usual channels, I have never actually seen a physical copy of any releases on Strength Through Joy.

Back to Ajna Offensive for a second, they also released a 7" called Odhinn's Ring by a project called Den. Den also shows up on the Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard comp under the name Socrates Wounded.

Last year material by both Den and Hagall have been reissued on the label Withering Crypt. This is the first time these names have appeared on my radar in years. Fun to revisit this stuff.

Strength Through Joy was not Robert X Patriot label. STJ was based out of Portland, the man behind this label was in the excellent, and very obscure, project BLOOD MEMORY. There were at least one or two Blood Memory cassettes, including several unreleased tracks. STJ "Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard" CD I own, photo below. One of the best Robert X Patriot tracks appears on this, in my opinion. One of the Hagall tracks from this compilation is also on the Call of the Wolves/Hagall split cassette.

Den and Socrates Wounded were two different projects. Den existed since the mid 90's, Socrates Wounded appeared in the later 90's.

bitewerksMTB

I have a couple of copies of the DEN 7" on Ajna. New & unplayed. $4 + shipping.

Burial Hex

Quote from: Woodpath1935 on February 13, 2017, 04:41:11 AM
Quote from: Burial Hex on January 01, 2017, 09:51:26 PM
Indeed, at the peak of this short-lived scene, Ajna Offensive released an unusual split 7" between Robert X Patriot and Voluspå (an Industrial side project of Maniac from the band Mayhem...  now who has those tapes??).

Robert X Patriot also had a label called Strength Through Joy which released the compilation CDR Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard. There are several interesting tracks on this disc, including the two strong showings from Hagall. Though this comp is easily downloadable from the usual channels, I have never actually seen a physical copy of any releases on Strength Through Joy.

Back to Ajna Offensive for a second, they also released a 7" called Odhinn's Ring by a project called Den. Den also shows up on the Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard comp under the name Socrates Wounded.

Last year material by both Den and Hagall have been reissued on the label Withering Crypt. This is the first time these names have appeared on my radar in years. Fun to revisit this stuff.

Strength Through Joy was not Robert X Patriot label. STJ was based out of Portland, the man behind this label was in the excellent, and very obscure, project BLOOD MEMORY. There were at least one or two Blood Memory cassettes, including several unreleased tracks. STJ "Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard" CD I own, photo below. One of the best Robert X Patriot tracks appears on this, in my opinion. One of the Hagall tracks from this compilation is also on the Call of the Wolves/Hagall split cassette.

Den and Socrates Wounded were two different projects. Den existed since the mid 90's, Socrates Wounded appeared in the later 90's.

Ahh fascinating, yes I got the info about STJ on discogs, no huge surprise that it is inaccurate. Really not much info out there about STJ out there. I have heard the Blood Memory track on Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard, always wondered about that artist. Would really love to hear that material!

Was STJ part of the Burning Northshore Movement?

Den and Socrates Wounded are different projects, but aren't they both operated by Lesiu Niemoczynski?

I agree that Psychic Wolves Ov Midgard features one of the best Robert X Patriot tracks, it definitely made me want to hear more, but a lot of his material does not have the same power as that song.

Woodpath1935

STJ was not part of Burning Northshore.
Burning Northshore was part of a larger hardline pagan movement in northeast US which existed in the mid-late 90's.

Also, I'd echo what others have said here about The Warcom Gazette - excellent interviews with Michael Moynihan, RN Taylor, James Mason, etc. 

Zodiac

"Men among mice" was for me important entry to more obscure stuff i didnt really know about at this time.
I still love to listen to this compilation and cannot detect any filler. Just the right balance of different styles
and approaches united. Control Resistance, Warcom and RXP are evergreens to me.
Remember, remember... december.

hkso

This may be a bit off topic but does anyone here have info on COWAN / Church of War a.k.a.COmmodity // WAnkers Network etc? They were similar to Warcom and Abraxas Foundation in many ways.... operated by a character under the name Dorian Ragnarok. Early 1990s in Altadena, California.... I spoke to a friend in Finland that said he had seen a tv show appearance from him. Seen a few other appearances in magazines like Minotaurus (#1 or #2). I got hold of around 15 information communiques from them. Great art and some thoughtful words.

Some examples:
COWAN Communique 31: The Shadow of Death - Level 1 Distribution
COWAN Communiques 24 and 25: The Power of Psymbols / Psymbol 3 partially explained
COWAN Communique 20: The Power of Masturbation - Level 3 Distribution
COWAN Communique 26: Peace: A Bankrupt Concept - Level 1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 29: The Manifesto of Atheist Paganism - Level 1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 28: The Surge - Level 2 Distribution
COWAN Communique 41: The Golden and the Garish / The Occult Power of Kitsch - L2 Distribution
COWAN Communique 34: The Few, The Proud, The Royal Elite - L1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 39: Salvation in the S.H.R.I.N.E. - The Occult Power of Architecture - L2 Distribution
COWAN Communique 37: Purity of Production & Production of Purity - L1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 42: Chimera Obscura - L2 Distribution
COWAN Communique 33: A Statement on Satanism - Level 1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 36: Beyond Deviance Towards Dignity and Substance - L1 Distribution
COWAN Communique 35: The Cult of COWAN - L1 Distribution

bitewerksMTB

I corresponded with the COWAN guy back & had some of the booklets. I met him once in Denver as he was traveling with Crash Worship. I think he was friends with Markus Wolfe. COWAN also released that Manson Family Sings LP on white vinyl despite there being no label info on the release.

Anyone remember Hope Organ? They were similar to Aes-Nihil, etc.  Tapes of Manson, audio from documentaries, etc. Seems like there was a 7" release, not sure if it was music or noise.

Coiled

I hope the necroposting is okay. Given we're talking about stuff from the '90s it's kind of necroposting to begin with.

I have some mail order catalogues from STJ. He was a label/distro out of Portland and his catalogues usually had an interview or an article in them, like a mini-zine. Carried the usual range of Black Order, Universal Order, White Order of Thule, if it had Order in the name it was probably there.

There was a zine called Insignia which fits in here. It was basically all the different projects of Niemoczynski. I've only got the first issue and it does advertise a second issue, but I've never seen any others. It features interviews / essays / lyrics of Hagall, Den, the Sun Sinks, Bloodsword, Call the Wolves, Upir, Superior, but they're all the same guy and I'm not sure they all even recorded anything.

I have an interview with someone from COWAN who claims it was founded in 1984 by five people.

If anyone has any Warcom Gazettes for sale/trade, or can even just take a photo of them, please let me know.

FreakAnimalFinland

STJ guy still active. John Hubbard. I once met him in my store, and he spent couple hours telling lots of interesting stories of the 80's. First I didn't recognize who he was, then he was browsing shelves, took The Sodality – Orgies Of Crime 12" out and said "haven't seen this in long time!" or something like that. And then mentioned he wrote the lyrics for this one. He has so much stories, so would be brilliant for noise podcast.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Coiled

The only projects the catalogues mention being on STJ the label are Blood Memory and Separate Faith. Separate Faith has two tapes on discogs, but not these STJ ones. Blood Memory has a full tape on STJ but it's also not on discogs. 

A lot of the catalogues are reproductions of the Renaissance Press catalogue. That got around a lot in this scene.

Coiled

Does this zine Striking Methodology ring a bell with anyone?

FallOfNature

Anyone have a rip of the Blood Memory tape?

nezalezhnye

Quote from: hkso on January 15, 2017, 11:52:37 PMBook & Sword / Sarote Industries is something I'd love to hear more from... in particular the collaboration with Kerry Bolton.

Interesting, after a quick look on various search engines, almost nothing is found online about this "Book & Sword + Kerry Bolton collaboration". I've read almost every nonfiction book by Bolton from his current era (mid 2000s onwards).
Other than a footnote of an article on the Counter Currents site, with a little information which just says that Bolton contributed some writings to various Book & Sword pamphlets.

Obviously a work from his Satanist occult NS phase in the 90s?