Maldoror Tapes

Started by drunk, January 01, 2017, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunk

I've never seen this old portuguese tape label discussed anywhere nor any of the bands they released. I just came upon their page on discogs while browsing for industrial related bands to check out and the first thing that caught my attention was the imagery/aesthetics used on each of their releases which made me even more interested in checking out the sounds, but as all their releases were super limited I dont think I'll get lucky any time soon.

any of you guys know any of the bands they released? what did they sound like?
Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

xgxpxnx

Yeah, i've discovered this label maybe half a year ago. Heard some of their recordings, have been listening to Aphora for a while, really like this band for it's ambient combined with noisy/industrial sound, really atmospheric. I feel like being in some dark room of destroyed old factory with rusty walls and same beams thrown all around. Other projects of Jose Vilela are grat too, especially Karfeitrg)

But when i listen to some compilations of this label i find that all bands have something in common in their sound, some feeling of large room sounding. I think that's just because of the quality of digitazing :) but nevertheless it gives some charm to them.
PS. There are some of their recordings on the internet :)