Obscurex Fest II 11-12.8.2017

Started by Niko, November 28, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

a
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

Niko

Niko

Seriously if you are foreigner attending kontti and restaurant Alem for the first time, print the info-sheet and map!

Niko

Jone

Niko

MT

Phew, what a fucking weekend!

Friday was such an intense night, my own set went pretty much as planned, no complaints. After that Hal Hutchinson did his set, excellent lenght for that kind of material, heavy industrial loops with proper gut and volume. Alfarmania played such a great gig, absolutely brilliant. Sounds was full and with good amount of detail to keep interest up and vile vocal work with zero bullshit. Axnaar had good old school sound, listened to it outside so missed the visual sightings, vocals were dry, non-effected and in your face. Main course of the evening was Bizarre Uproar, now that was a proper gig, FILTH and VIOLENCE indeed. Short but intense as hell, really old school Bizarre Uproar sound, not the brooding type but that 2006 type of harsh noise assault. It is really hard to describe what was going on, because there something going on everywhere. A woman getting an enema, someone pouring a bucket of blood everywhere, dead rat flying in the audience, PA knocking over, one member attacking the audience etc. Ranks up to best noise gig I will probably ever see.

After such a intense night, it was clear that saturday was going to be more ... coherent? Started the say by showering my shoes that were soaked in blood night before and leaving bloody footprints all over the hostel hallways because the water just oozed out more and more blood.

Pogrom started the evening with a set that only he can do. It has a strange charm and I am a bit unable to explain it. Vocals were strong, dance moves were excellent. Liked it a lot. Zyklon SS hammered their set with professional style, no bullshit just militant raging with punishing background noise. Great contrast to last nights ouf of control madness. Menacing 84 seemed to be very much like Axnaar day before, old school'ish grinding, last song was great with guest vocalist from BU. Herska blew the place up with their maniac like noisecore madness, the only pint that got shattered just had to be mine... Last but not least Pyhä Kuolema closed the night with atmospheric neofolk, one of the rare bands that I particulary like to listen to for the lyrics.

Now I am going to sleep for a few years, three nights of drinking takes its toll. Thanks to Obscurex and fellow artists!

online prowler

missed out on the madness this year as well. Hope to see docu material posted soon. really enjoyed the above report. Thanx for the share.

Jone

Good saturday, can't remember anything but that Pogrom set sounded like rave music in the middle and that fitted the olotilat really good at the moment.

Herska management was a bit fukked up so shirt sales didn't went just as planned so a few of my copies are still left, probably the other guy has them also available if not lost. Sizes L and XL

12EUR + postage

rottenaudiowaste at gmail dot com

molena

any audio, video, images from this?

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: molena on August 15, 2017, 09:25:13 AM

Yeah I'd love to see footage of this! Particular ZSS, M84 and Axnaar. Wish I coulda been there

AXNAAR

Quote from: NaturalOrthodoxy on August 15, 2017, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: molena on August 15, 2017, 09:25:13 AM

Yeah I'd love to see footage of this! Particular ZSS, M84 and Axnaar. Wish I coulda been there

Niko recorded/filmed sets. If AX or M84 is any good I'll release them in the future.

Niko